Stillwell Audio The Rocket Compressor
Stillwell Audio The Rocket Compressor
Publié le 01/21/10 à 20:51
Stillwell Audio’s The Rocket Compressor wasn’t a trouble to install, as it only took a few minutes to get it downloaded and installed.<span> </span>However, keep in mind that if you want to run this in Pro Tools as I do, you need the FXpansion VST to RTAS converter.<span> </span>In terms of the interface, it is quite user friendly as there isn’t anything out of the ordinary here as far as compressors go.<span> </span>The plug-in has parameters for attack, release, impetus, threshold, and ratio.<span> </span>For setting the ratio, like the classic 1176s, you’ve got options of 4, 8, 12, 20 and all to choose from.<span> </span>In addition to these parameters, there are also smaller knobs for parallel compression, detector high pass filter, and a side chain option.<span> </span>There are two VU meters, one for input and a programmable one that you can choose between output and gain reduction.<span> </span>Unless you’re having some sort of installation or technical issue, a manual isn’t necessary.

<p class="MsoNormal">I’m currently running the Stillwell Audio The Rocket Compressor plug-in on a Mac Book Pro that has a 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4 GB of RAM.<span> </span>I run the plug-in in Pro Tools LE, but as I stated earlier please keep in mind that in order to do so you need the FXpansion VST to RTAS converter.<span> </span>For me, this is worth this investment as it allows me to run all sorts of VST plug-ins in Pro Tools that would otherwise not be possible.<span> </span>For Pro Tools, I run version 7.4 LE that runs with a Digi 002R audio interface.<span> </span>I can’t say that I’ve ever had a problem running as many of these as I would like within a single session, as it is the type of plug-in that won’t take up much processing power at all...

I’ve only been using Stillwell Audio’s The Rocket Compressor plug-in for a few months, but I’ve definitely enjoyed using it in this time.<span> </span>While it’s not my go to compressor plug-in, it is nice to have around as another option.<span> </span>The price is probably the best thing about this plug-in, as it is absolutely dirt cheap.<span> </span>For those looking for a cheap plug-in to use for any purpose, definitely check out this one…