URS 1975 Classic Compressor

All user reviews for the URS 1975 Classic Compressor

• URS 1975 Classic CompressorPublished on 01/28/09 at 09:33
    I didn't have any problems with installing and getting the URS 1975 Classic Compressor up and running. I had no compatibility issues with my machine and the configuration of the plug-in is easy to follow and manipulate. It is laid out fairly simple with a section for a compressor, a limiter and a filter. I had no use for a manual as this plug-in is easy enough to use without one.

I am running the URS 1975 Classic Compressor with a Mac Book Pro that has a 2.2 Ghz processor and 4 GB of RAM. I am running this plug-in in Pro Tools LE 7.4 with a Digi 002 rack audio interface. I've never had a problem running this plug-in with this configuration and I am able to run a few of these at once.

I've been using the URS Classic Comp for about three years and it is one of my favorite compressor plug-ins for a number of reasons. The first reason is its overall sound quality. It really has a bit of vintage sound that is warm and full. It sounds great on everything from vocals to guitars and drums. The second major reason is the plug-in's versatility. It isn't just a strict compressor - it has a section for limiting and filtering as well, both of which prove to be extremely handy. It is this versatility which makes it great for applications of all kinds. It also has a nice metering system. I would probably compare this plug-in to Smack, and while I love Smack as well, this plug-in is cheaper and has more options. The sound quality of both is great, but the extremely cheap price of the URS plug-in makes it my choice. I've become of big fan of not only the 1975 Classic Compressor, but a number of URS plug-ins!