Agrandir
URS 1980 Classic Console Compressor

All user reviews for the URS 1980 Classic Console Compressor

• moosersmoosers

URS 1980 Classic Console CompressorPublished on 10/08/10 at 21:20
    The URS 1980 Classic Console Compressor is a dynamic processor plug-in, coming with two versions of the plug-in - one with a sidechain and one without. I don't know exactly what console compressor this is modeled after, but there is also a 1970 and 1975 model, all of which I've used and love. This one in particular was very easy to install as I didn't encounter any issues doing so as it was as straight forward as a process as you'll find when it comes to installing plug-ins. The plug-in's interface isn't unlike the 1970 and 1975 Classic Console Compressors, as they all look pretty similar and share the same sorts of parameters. This includes compressor, limiter, and filter section, with plenty of control for uses of all types. I definitely don't hesitate to use this in all situations, as the vast array of parameter make it quite versatile.

The system that I'm running the URS 1980 Classic Console Compressor is Pro Tools LE based. I'm running it on a Mac Book Pro that has 4 GB of RAM and a 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, while I'm running version 8 of Pro Tools LE with a Digi 002R audio interface or a Digidesign Micro Box if I'm on the go. I've been able to run multiple instances of the plug-in without issues within this configuration, as it doesn't take up too much processing power from what I can tell within the bounds of my home system.

I'm a really big fan of the URS 1980 Classic Console Compressor and of URS in general as I think they make some great plug-ins. This one is awesome as there is so much control over your sound and it can really be used across the board. I don't like the 1980 version as much as I do the 1975, but they are definitely pretty similar in sound and are extremely similar in make up, so if you've got one of them that's probably all you really need unless you're looking to expand on this idea. I can't say enough about the fine work done by URS, and the 1980 Classic Console Compressor is just one example of it.