db audioware & ENTTEC Release DMXIS
The companies describe it as "a revolutionary new lighting control system for artists and performers".
Operating as a VST or AU plug-in, DMXIS is designed to allow artists to "add stunning light shows to their musical performance - from within their favourite Mac OS X or Windows host application - with perfect synchronisation".
Lighting controllers are usually designed by lighting professionals for theatrical use. In contrast, DMXIS has been designed by audio experts for use by performers, bands and DJs, the companies say. The DMXIS software is as easy to operate as any regular audio plug-in, and the light show now becomes a natural extension to the audio project.
DMXIS can also run as a standalone application, effectively turning a computer into a lighting desk, the companies say. For simple on-stage control, DMXIS works with any standard foot-switch, allowing live performers to step through their preset light show. Alternatively, performers who need a finer level of control can optionally operate DMXIS via a MIDI control surface.
Included with the product is a USB-to-DMX hardware interface designed by ENTTEC, which can control any DMX compatible lights, from traditional dimmers to intelligent LED lights.
DMXIS Software Features:
- Support for Mac OS X (10.4 or newer) and Windows (XP or newer).
- Hardware-style user interface is quick to learn and easy to use.
- Create static looks, dynamic chases and moving effects with smooth cross-fades.
- Intuitive tempo-based approach, for perfect synchronisation of lighting and music.
- VST and Audio Unit plug-in allows completely automated light shows.
- MIDI Learn and foot-switch input allows manual control of lights.
Hardware Interface Features:
- Outputs one DMX-512 universe (512 channels of control).
- Full microprocessor control (guarantees reliable DMX operation).
- 1500V full isolation (protects computer from surges).
- 3 and 5 pin DMX outputs (compatible with any DMX-512 light fixture).
- Powered directly from the USB cable.
- Foot-switch input for easy scene switching.
Pricing & Availability
Priced at €189, DMXIS is distributed worldwide by ENTTEC. For more information visit www.enttec.com/dmxis or contact your local ENTTEC dealer.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Chauvet introduces Ovation E-910FC Chauvet presents the E-910FC, the newest full-color ERS-style lighting in their Ovation series.
- ELIOS, the ArtNet remote, is out in version 0.2 Elios (a.k.a. Entertainment LIgthing Open source Software) is an entertainment lighting remote using ArtNet protocol (DMX over Ethernet).
- American DJ Mega QA PAR38 American DJ introduces its Mega QA Par38 3-lb. RGBA LED uplighting fixture.