Zildjian A Custom Medium Crash 18''

All user reviews for the Zildjian A Custom Medium Crash 18''

Crash Cymbal from Zildjian belonging to the A Custom series.

• FateFelledVictimFateFelledVictim

Zildjian A Custom Medium Crash 18''Published on 10/06/08 at 17:25
    This cymbal is a great addition to any drummers arsenal. The cymbal does not have to be beat on to explode with an array of colors and sounds. The cymbal has a large amount of wash, yet still holds on to an amazingly bright attack. The Brilliant finish is something to behold. It has thin lathing, giving it bright attack and tone. The cymbal is medium thin, which gives it enough ping to use as a ride, and has enough resonance and volume to cut through clean or distorted guitars.

The bell is decently large; at least big enough to use when using the cymbal as a ride. The role on the cymbal sounds epic, to say the least. I use it as a cymbal in metal, jazz, and rock. This cymbal is one of the few that can take whatever you throw at it, except a 4 ton truck. The versatility alone makes it a great asset. I paid around $210 for my crash brand new, and I have no regrets on the purchase. The only complaints I have with this cymbal is that for some people, the wash may be a little too much. The bright attack also is not as great for metal, because the tonal quality does not mix excessively well. The main issue that I have is that if you hit outrageously hard, I think that this cymbal will not last you all that long.

It is durable, but like I said, it can not withstand a truck. The resonance also may be a little too much, as I find that if I hit it at the end of a song, I am having to grab it to silence the ringing, but that is nothing some tape can't fix. I personally like the resonance, but it is a matter of opinion. The main strength of the cymbal, in my opinion, is when you hit it in long strings, rather than short bursts.