Sabian Xs20 Performance Set
Sabian Xs20 Performance Set

Cymbal Pack from Sabian belonging to the Xs20 series.

FateFelledVictim FateFelledVictim
Publié le 10/06/08 à 17:50
The Sabian XS20 cymbals are what I played on when I auditioned for my band, and these cymbals have a horrible tone. I played with the band and cymbals for about 2 weeks, and eventually brought my Zildjian’s out. I was using the XS20s with a Pearl Export drum set with a Tama Iron Cobra, 12”,13” and 16” toms, 14” snare and 20” kick. The set was alright, but these cymbals I could not take.

They would hold an extremely high pitched ring after initial hit, and the cymbals I was using, the 16” Crash, 20” Ride, 14” Hats and an added 18” Crash all had an overall horrible tone. The band was amazed at how much better my Zildjians sounded in comparison to these. I use A Customs, K Customs and Z Customs and they are beautiful cymbals. These on the other hand are flat out horrible. These are the cymbals you are on an extreme budget, but then end up taking them back a week later. The 16” Crash rings too much and the tone is horrible, even when aged, the Ride is the only decent part of this pack, and is very pingy, and the hats are tonally horrible, and mess up nearly everything. The additional crash on the set I auditioned on still had the problem with the ringing overtones, but sounded a lot better than it’s 16” counterpart.

For the price, these are still horrible and sound way too tinny. You can get a big set up for decently cheap, but what you save in money you lose in tone. I would spend the extra money to get cymbals you can brag about, like A Customs and Z Customs; or if you are a Sabian guy, the AAX or HH cymbals. Don’t make the mistake I did and even think about playing on these. Save yourself the time and money and purchase something halfway decent.