DMG Essence, a De-Esser for your mixes
DMG Audio introduces a new De-Esser plug-in that can do more than de-essing on Mac et PC.
Essence can be used as a simple De-Esser for vocal processing, but it is also expert at full-mixes de-essing and even equalize mixes with total transparency, according to DMG Audio.
- Multiple setups available, from zero-latency and low-CPU processing for edit to oversampled high-resolution for mastering
- Dual-release Peak/RMS-based time detector and analog-modeled single-release time detector
- 3-band sidechain EQ and configurable Split EQ (linear phase crossover)
- Zero-latency minimum phase mode with Linkwitz-Riley filters
- Per channel or grouped control
- Right/left or Mid/Side processing
- Lookahead and Upward expansion options
- Full mixer for parallel processing
- Stereo link
- Threshold, ratio, soft-knee and gain reduction ceiling
- Output balance for fine tuning
- Simple GUI with three controls or advanced interface with more options
- Spectrum analyzer to visually detect the sibilances
- 8 A/B banks
- Auto-Iisten to setup the filters
Essence is an RTAS, VST and AU plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows 32 and 64-bit. It is available for the introductory price of £89.99 until January 15th, 2015, and even £71.99 if you already own DMG Audio plug-ins (log in to your account to see the special price). Regular price is £99.99. A trial version can be downloaded from dmgaudio.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The McDSP FutzBox in RE version for Reason McDSP and Propellerhead announce the availability of the Rack Extension edition of the FutzBox lo-fi effect plug-in for Reason.
- The Phase84 synth for iPad is out After months of teasing, The Retronyms finally released on the AppStore their Phase84 virtual synthesizer for the iPad.
- Intunative, a new music creation app for tablets Young Irish company Surface Tension is about to launch a new music creation app, called Intunative, for iOS and Android tablets.