[MUSIKMESSE] Allen & Heath Qu-SB
Allen & Heath present the Qu-SB, a compact digital mixer and interface designed for iPad control.
The Qu-SB is described as an "ultra-compact" digital mixer and interface designed for iPad control, allowing to mix from anywhere in the venue and providing a portable solution for bands, AV and installation. The companion Qu-Pad mixing interface app is said to be giving easy access to the full wealth of Qu features and setup options.
It features sixteen AnalogiQ total recall preamps featuring zero crossing detection and an advanced padless 1dB step gain stage, closely allied to the DSP for optimal gain accuracy and audio transparency. Technically, the analogue signal is captured by low-latency, 24-bit analogue-to-digital converters matched to 24-bit digital-to-analogue converters to deliver the required outputs. The AnalogiQ design is said to have been refined over many months to offer optimal transparency, minimal distortion and an "ultra-low" noise floor.
In addition to its 18 onboard inputs and 14 outputs, Qu-SB can be expanded up to 32 mono inputs and 24 outputs by connecting to one of A&H's family of remote AudioRacks over a single Cat5 cable.
- 16 Mono Inputs (TRS + XLR)
- 1 Stereo Input (TRS)
- 12 on-board Mix Outputs (LR, Mono Mix 1-4, Stereo Mix 1-3)
- 1 Stereo Matrix Out (TRS)
- Qu-32 Core inside (32 Mono + 3 Stereo Input Channels)
- Up to 11 Monitor Mixes (4 mono + 7 stereo)
- 4 FX Engines
- 4 FX Sends / Returns
- 4 Mute Groups
- 4 DCA Groups
- 32×32 USB Audio Interface
- Qu-Drive direct Multitrack Recording / Playback on USB drives
- Recallable AnaLOGIQTM Preamps
- iLive FX Library
- dSNAKE Remote Audio Port expansion up to 38 inputs
- Automatic Mic Mixer
- 19” Rack Mountable with optional rack ears
- Compatible with ME Personal Mixing System
- Qu-Pad iPad App
- Qu-You iPhone / Android personal monitoring app
- Trim, polarity, HPF, gate, insert / ducker, 4-band PEQ, compressor and delay on all Inputs
- Insert, 1/3 octave GEQ, 4-band PEQ, compressor and delay on all Mix outputs
- Built-in Signal Generator
- RTA with Peak Band indication
- Spectrogram to aid with feedback elimination and taming room acoustics
More details at www.allen-heath.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] SPL unveils Pro-Fi line SPL is to introduce its new Professional Fidelity line, which claims to bring studio-quality sound to your living room.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Genelec 8430IP Genelec presents the 8430 IP Network Compatible SAM Studio Monitor, which is compliant with the AES67 and Ravenna industry standards.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Audient ASP8024 Heritage Edition Audient anticipate on the company's 20th anniversary and present the Heritage Edition of their ASP8024 console model.