Avid introduces this week its largest live digital consoles in the VENUE series, the S6L available in 24- and 32-channel versions.
The new Venue S6L range features three modular consoles, with mixing desks equipped with touch screens and network connection, a choice of two audio engines, an I/O Rack, Venue and Pro Tools software and plug-ins for over 300 channels of processing.
Specifications of the Venue S6L-32D, S6L-24D and S6L-24 mixing desks:
- 32+2 (S6L-32D) or 24+2 (S6L-24D and S6L-24) channels
- 4×12.1” touch screens on the S6L-32D (three on the S6L-24D and one on the S6L-24)
- 3×32 knob modules on the S6L-32D (two on the S6L-24D and S6L-24), each with OLED screens and tricolor feature indicators
- Master Live Module with TFT displays, Touch & Turn assignable encoder, 2 assignable faders, monitoring, snapshots and layers, transport controls and function buttons
- 30-segment meters per channel with pre- and post-fader options, nominal indicator, expander/gate status and gain reduction meter for the compressor/limiter
- 8 XLR mic/line inputs with 48V phantom power and status LEDs
- 8 XLR analog outputs with mute and status LEDs
- 4 paires of XLR AES/EBU digital inputs and outputs
- 2 independent 1/4” headphone outputs
- DVI-D video output
- 5 USB 2.0 ports
- Ethernet port
- 8 GPIO E/S
- 2 footswitch inputs
- Linear Time Code input
- MIDI I/O
- 2 etherCON ports
- 2-track playback/recording on USB flash drive
- Redundant power supply
- Dimensions: 91 to 388 (front to back) H x 1,304 L x 787 P mm
The Venue S6L features two E6L-192 and E6L-144 audio engine, both share 48 / 96 kHz sample rates, input processing (low-pass and high-pass filters, True Gain gain compensation, 4-band parametric EQ, expander/gate, compressor/limiter, 4 plug-in inserts and one hardware insert), output processing (7-band parametric EQ, compressor/limiter, delay, 4 plug-in inserts and hardware insert), two independent Solo stereo busses, 32×31-band graphic EQs, support for AAX DSP 64-bit (HDX) plug-ins via expansion slots, 64-track playback/recording via Ethernet AVB (2 port per card), BNC clock input/output, 5 USB ports, 8 PCIe ports and redundant power supply. The E6L-192 supports 192 input channels, 96 + LCR mix busses, a 24×24 matrix, 24 VCAs and 200 plug-in slots. the E6L-144 allows for 144 input channels, 64 + LCR mix busses, 24 VCA and 128 plug-in slots. Both model fit in a 5U rack.
Last, Avid adds the Stage64 I/O rack, which offers 64 inputs and 32 outputs at 48/96 kHz and features 12 slots for I/O cards, 2 AVB etherCON or SFP (fiber) ports, 2 MADI outputs, a headphone output with level control, BNC clock I/O and redundant power supply. This module fits in a 10U rack.
You can complete this setup with different optional cards, such as Ethernet AVB, MADI, Thunderbolt, DSP, analog and digital I/O, Aviom and Dante).
Discover the VENUE S6L at www.avid.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.