PreSonus StudioLive 24.4.2
PreSonus StudioLive 24.4.2

Digital Mixer from PreSonus belonging to the StudioLive series.

loupgarou2a loupgarou2a

« I Love Presonus »

Publié le 12/31/10 à 02:57
For specifications, I suggest you go to the manufacturer&#39;s website where you can also download the French manual is very explanatory and simple.

After everything I read on the effects section, I expected the worst. In fact, the reverbs and delays are completely customizable we arrive quickly enough to find happiness for live applications or models of good level. The effects are no less compelling than those found on the Tascam or Yamaha much more expensive. Obviously, for more professional results we will use the TC or Lexicon, or whatnot.

It&#39;s so easy to use that one wonders why there is almost a textbook. The latter is also very well done. If we compare with those of Tascam (a nightmare), Yamaha, there is no comparison. Everything is explained fully and immediately usable.

The famous "Fat Channel" is a killer, and for those who, like me, pulling his own hair on a DM24 or another, it is disconcerting as it is simple to use. It is the same for the "routing" of the table, everything is under your fingers and no need to return to the pages of tedious menus to get what one wants, going out through the studio, allocation to sub- groups and auxiliary outputs, everything is at hand with ease.

At first, I confess to having a little bike in the meal to find some features simply because they were so simple to route I could not imagine me not to take the lead. Once it leaves a bit of IQ at the door, everything becomes easy, a child of 10 years would come to the run (with ears of course).

In fact, what is surprising is that we have all the fingers in a split second. Regarding the controls, unless you have fingers of a gorilla (which is not my case), they are ergonomically quite normal.

It seems that good Americans who love to go fast and well in their work, designers have this table primarily for efficiency.

The XMAX preamp seems perfectly clear and in any case generates no breath.

The 4 band equalizer is additionally equipped with a high pass filter.

On the "gate" can also adjust the frequency of opening which can be very useful, for example, elements of percussion.

A special mention for the 10 auxiliaries who are not "bloated" by the effects sections and that can add a compressor, an equalizer ...

Another special mention for the 4 graphic equalizer 31 band.

Received yesterday morning, I immediately installed and tested a few hours (I spent part of the night) after putting the drivers up to date. Having had several tables and a 01V analog and DM24, I think I found one I was looking for. Affordable, professional, comprehensive. Of course, it remains to show its durability and resistance to weather and heavy use, but the device seems designed to last.

In my home studio "improved", it will replace my Motu advantageously for recording. However, it is obvious that if it seems perfect for live applications, I prefer to mix my studio and my SSL Duende TC Powercore.

What I like most? ALL

What I like least? Perhaps the lack of automation of volume faders, but is it really useful?

Finally to conclude, I would like to respond to all potential detractors and disgruntled: There are only 12 years, nobody believed that making audio on a home computer could not function. I was one of those fools who believed in despite the "negative opinions allowed" from the beginning. If I go back less than 15 years ago, who would have dreamed of having such a console in the hands and for a fee, ultimately, very reasonable?

I recapitulate: 24 channels, 4 subgroups, 10 auxiliary with eq&#39;s and compressors, 2 effects sections, transfer firewire 24-bit to 48 Khz perfectly stable, 100-mm faders, by: a balanced input and a line , an insertion effect, a 4-band EQ, a high pass filter, compressor, gate, expander, a 48-volt phantom power, 4 eq 31 band, a mono and a stereo master (with adjustable sensibility - j love it), headphone jack, independent talkback microphone, a jack for gooseneck lighting, SPDIF output, a slap in / out stereo, three balanced direct outputs with DB25 ports, two FireWire ...

While you are missing on?

Of course I would do this election ...

PS: After a little over a week of use, I confirm: this table is a killer! Recording is an exceptional versatility, the preamp input is a remarkable clarity and precision and the icing on the cake with a multichannel headphone amp, I can, thanks to 10 auxiliary, giving what want everyone in his headphone, in short, is happiness!