Soundcraft presents the Vi2000, the most compact version in the brand's Vi series of digital consoles.
According to Soundcraft, the Vi2000 reinvents the small format digital console with an ultra-compact implementation of the same control surface layout and workflow as its larger Vi siblings. Featuring 96 inputs to mix, 24 mono/stereo busses and the same SpiderCore built-in DSP and I/O engine as the Vi3000, the console can also be used with remote I/O via the double option card slots and an optional Stagebox.
- Control Surface
- Input Faders 16
- Output Faders 8 +3 (LRC masters) +1 (Monitor A/B)
- Total Faders 28
- 3D Vistonics screens 3 (2 input, 1 master)
- Fader bay operation 4x Fixed Input layers A/B/C/D giving 64 inputs on 16 fdrs.
- Input channels can be assigned to Master bay for 24 input fdrs.
- 5x User layers 1-5
- 1x Busses 1-16 Layer plus screen assign 17-24, for 24 mono/stereo busses
VCA/A/B/C/D/E output/input fader pages, (A-E user definable)
- Local I/O Physical connectors
- Mic/Line Inputs 48, 32 or 16 configurable (max 3x 16ch out cards of 4 total) (Last 5 outs default to local monitors but can be repatched)
- AES/EBU In 2 (=4ch) plus optional 16ch via Vista1 card (remove 2 mic or line out cards to fit).
- AES/EBU Out 2 (=4ch) plus optional 16ch via Vista1 card (remove 2 mic or line out cards to fit).
- TB Mic in 1 front panel, with rear-switched 48V.
- Phones out 1 ste jack, under armrest
- Optical MADI In/Out 1 (outputs paralleled with Dante interface).
- Dante ports 1x 64ch in/out (2x Ethercon Pri/Sec).
- Dante inputs are A/B switched with optical MADI.
- D21m Option Slots 2 double/4single (total 128ch)
- AES/EBU Input Sample Rate 32–108kHz (with SRC enabled)
- Total number of simultaneous IO channels 246 inputs / 214 outputs (assumes 48 mic in/16 line out config)
- DSP Mixing Core Soundcraft® SpiderCore
- Processing 40-bit Floating point, 48kHz sample rate
- Input Channels to mix 96 mono Pairable to 48 stereo
- Busses - Aux/Grp 24 mono/stereo
- Busses - Matrix From 24 bus pool – max 16 mono/stereo.
- Busses - Master 3 (LRC)
- Assignable Insert Points 64 + 4FX
- Tie Lines 128 (allow Stagebox IO to connect to Local IO without using mixing channels.
- Lexicon FX 4 units (14 reverbs, 7 delays, 8 pitch-shift effects in each unit)
- Tap Delay from F-key 1-4.
- BSS GEQ 24 mono/stereo +LRC.
- External Control Ports
- Ethernet 1 (dedicated HiQnet / Realtime Rack control)
- MIDI 1 In, 1 Out
- Other Ports
- Mains Input 2, switched (redundant power supplies built in)
- USB2.0 4 (2 front, 2 rear)
- Wordclock In /Out 2x BNC
- DVI out Reserved for future use
- Gooseneck lamp 4-pin XLR 2, for rear panel illumination
- Stagebox: Optional, via MADI optical or Cat 5 option cards fitted to D21m expansion slots. Can connect up to 2 x 64ch Vi Stageboxes. Also compatible with Compact Stagebox and Mini Stagebox
...and even more details available at www.soundcraft.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.