Tascam DP-02 8 track digital Portastudio
TASCAM introduces the DP-02 8-track digital Portastudio™. it sports dedicated controls for level, pan, effects send and EQ instead of the menu-cursor interface found on most other recorders. You make music with two hands with the DP-02 - just reach and twist a knob when your creativity strikes.
The DP-02 records up to 8 tracks to its built-in 40GB hard drive. A pair of CD-quality XLR mic inputs includes phantom power for condenser mics and a direct guitar input. High and low EQ controls for level and frequency are provided for every channel. It also includes a multieffects processor, stereo reverb, even a dedicated stereo channel for recording your mix. You can transfer tracks and mixes to a computer using USB 2.0, or burn a master disc in the CD drive. Also available is the DP-02CF, which records to Compact Flash media to make it easier than ever to afford a digital Portastudio.
* Two XLR mic/line inputs with phantom power for condenser microphones
* Eight-track recording at uncompressed 44.1k/16-bit audio quality
* Portastudio-based interface with volume fader, pan, effect send, high and low EQ controls per channel
* EQ frequency button to access high and low EQ shelf frequencies
* USB 2.0 interface for transferring tracks, mixes and backup files to a computer
* Dedicated stereo master track for mixdown
* Internal metronome and bar/beat display for song position
* Headphone output
* Stereo line outputs on RCA analog and S/PDIF optical digital connectors
* 40GB internal hard drive
* Multieffects processor with guitar, bass, vocal and drum programs
* Stereo reverb processor with send/return controls for multichannel mixing
* Built-in chromatic tuner
* Built -in CD-RW burner for CD mastering and song backup
List price is 799$.
For more info, go here.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Soundfield SPS200 Surround mic The new SPS200 A-Format microphone provides the `front end' to capture both stereo and 5.1 surround. It is suited to those working in the field on laptop based recording systems or in the studio on fully fledged Digital Audio Workstations.
- Daking Mic Pre One at AES Geoffrey Daking and Company, Inc., announces the introduction of the high performance Daking Mic-Pre One single-channel microphone/instrument preamplifier at the 125th AES Convention in San Francisco.
- Tascam Portastudio 2488neo TASCAM's best-selling 24-track / 24-bit workstation has been upgraded to the 2488neo. The updated model has a bold new look and new mastering effects. Like its predecessor, the 2488neo has eight microphone inputs, seven effects processors, a 80GB hard drive and the simple user interface common to all TASCAM Portastudios.