Tascam introduced its new DP-03 8-track Digital Portastudio.
The DP-03 records two tracks at a time to SD/SDHC cards, using XLR microphone preamps or a pair of built-in condenser microphones. Mixing features like reverb and EQ can be accessed using dedicated knobs. When a production is finished, it can be transferred to computer over USB 2.0 or burned to CD using an internal drive.
A pair of inputs can be routed to tracks, providing condenser microphones with phantom power when required. The DP-03 inputs also include 1/4" line and instrument level switches for recording sources like drum machines, guitar and bass. A tuner and metronome are built in. Once recorded, tracks can be bounced and edited.
Like the DP-02 before it, the DP-03 uses dedicated controls for mixing, combined with a menu interface for editing and other features. New mastering effects like EQ and multiband compression have been added, Tascam indicates.
- 8-track Digital Portastudio with CD Burner
- Records to SD/SDHC Card media
- Import audio tracks from CD
- Built-in stereo condenser microphone
- Two XLR microphone inputs with phantom power
- 1/4" stereo line inputs
- Switchable instrument-level input for guitar/bass direct recording
- Multi-band mastering effects
- 2-band EQ per track
- Internal reverb processor with dedicated send per track
- Chromatic Tuner and Metronome
- Track editing, autopunch and bounce features
- Optional RC-3F footswitch offers three switches for punch-in and transport operation
- Dimensions: 11.4" W x 2.1" H x 8.2" D
- Weight: 4lbs
Visit www.tascam.com for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] DPA 2006 omni & 2011 cardioid DPA has unveiled new members of the Standard Reference Microphone family: DPA 2006 omni and 2011 cardioid.
- Elysia Updates mpressor Elysia has updated mpressor to version 1.0.4.
- [NAMM] Allen & Heath GS-R24 Allen & Heath has unveiled the GS-R24, an analogue console combined with interface modules, motorised faders for automated mixing, and MIDI controllers for tactile interfacing with software DAWs.