Kurzweil PC88
Kurzweil PC88
esteboune esteboune
Publié le 07/24/07 à 15:20
This is the first and only piano I bought. So my first experience, bought the closed eyes.

The hit is not bad but still a bit special! It will not please everybody.
The config is not bad either, sliders and buttons to good management noon.
The manual is anlais.
one more: you can set the machine so that the change takes place in the "smooth", for example there is an agreement allowing the fingers on the keyboard then changes her: the former is not cut and if we play to Outher note is the new sound that takes over, or you can set it so that the sound does not change until all the notes were not relchées.
major drawbacks: it is very heavy!
Other black dot: the mechanics is fragile! 4 weight of the hammer broken system in 8 years. I tried to repair once it's galley! and the piano parts that are no longer made! I removed myself and I moved the broken pieces on the ends, and the buttons work but the key changes and it make a sound drunk!
Another annoyance: the internal battery is not eternal, it must be changed after a while! So if you bought a used one, maybe asked to be changed, especially if no longer young! is a stack of flat 3Volt I believe, nothing extraordinary, but the piano is quite annoying to remove.
SOUNDS: The sounds of piano: good attack, but really a reasonable synthetic electric pianos: one must love! Custom sounds more like vintage as the suitcase but again the texture of the sound is weak: it's not bad in the bass but the highs do not exist! organs are nice but always the same, lack of depth. The vibraphone is not bad. other sounds are also valid without going to very good.

So I use this piano for 8 years or so, it will more and more I abhor mainly because of the sounds! Maybe I become too difficult. Anyway now I use it only as a master keyboard to control a Nord Electro Rack 2, and I saw, even the behavior of reactive keyboard / sound is much better MIDI!
to conclude this is a great master keyboard but quite heavy (25Kg flycase free!) and fragile in terms of mechanics, and the internal sounds are mediocre, but largely meet people not too difficult.
Today I would say that this piano is a good value if not n'éccède € 300, because it is an old piano that he has not quite lived well.

N / A