Yamaha CP5
Prodatlantis Prodatlantis
Publié le 06/24/10 à 06:45
88 keys

Complete MIDI connections.

Jack stereo outputs and Canon.

Mono input (mic or gun jack line)

a bend wheel (no vibrato)

Sustain (+ possibility of Sostenuto and Soft! As CP1!)

+ Footswitch

USB

+ Usb connection on the front

At first, it took me to understand how to configure sound, something not evident (key PRE-AMP) and can access the settings, and USER PRE keys are used to select presets.

Not obvious at first, quite difficult to master, it is a particular logic, but after some time of use, everything becomes very clear. From this side, nothing to do with the SV 88 of Korg example. The CP5 is not necessarily easy to handle without knowing it, but it turns out terribly rich and very flexible when it is known to use different settings it offers.

I would say that it is a logical keyboard pro (he's a little complicated, which is not a quality so far) that is it necessary to spend a few hours early to enjoy it and several weeks Learn to use the max!

It is fabulous! Farewell to the factory settings! between simulation models, compressors, EQUALIZERS, the different effects and sounds basic settings (the 17 pianos anyway) can find what suits each use, on stage, in studio. . . very complete.

on the other hand must know how to use a compressor, ie a minimum set reverb, an equalization to get the max, the instinct will suffice, but it offers so much for setting, for all effects, having some basic can be very useful!

The sounds are excellent bases! I played on a lot of sounds and VST and keyboards for 12 years, I tested wide variety of sounds of piano, rhodes and finalemement samples, after trying the new Yamaha CP series I chose focused on CP5, I think they'll make a box with this keyboard for a pro like one for a serious amateur, it is surprisingly comprehensive and quality.

Velocity is perfect, at least as much as in Roland or Kawai for example, fairly linear and quite realistic, comfortable.

The texture of the keyboard is very nice, it is also weighted quite ideal ...

The éqalo on the side of the keyboard acting on the overall output is great !!!!! on stage can be adjusted quickly to his record without having to harass the sound engineer all the time!

I put 9, because perfection is not of this world, and in a few years they will go even further in quality, at least I hope so ...

I use it for 3 days, I'd do an update in a few months ...

I tested everything, Clavia, Korg, Roland, Kurzweil, Kawai etc.. . . digital pianos, keyboards on stage, the only one that has emerged is Yamaha, keyboard, sound, uniting the two, it brings together the essential thing that does not Clavia example, it has excellent sounds, but a keyboard okay but not exceptional.

It is not too big, not too heavy (25 kg), easy to take for transportation, it is also quite nice ...

Whether the general manufacturing, the knobs, connectors, keyboard, everything inspires confidence.

I do not regret not having bought it! I sold a Kawai MP8 which weighed a ton and sounds that had more than mediocre!