Clavia Nord Stage 88
Clavia Nord Stage 88

Digital Synth from Clavia belonging to the Nord Stage series.

Daso Daso
Publié le 11/01/08 à 11:41
I would add only: no sequencer, no arpeggiator, keyboard, dedicated to its "key" no frills.
Keyboard a bit special one "hybrid" has 3 sections sound very different organ / piano / synth + effects sections.

Cons:
a memory ridiculous that allows the storage of all the desired combination.

Assets:
-The USB connection that allows the update and load new samples and config. characters
-Very clear provision in section.

The piano keyboard is very nice, even though the aftertouch is actually too hard.

Manual short and concise but to be honest I have read so little the grip is intuitive.
Available knobs simple intuitive and ergonomic.

I would say a word about the "synth" very ergonomic and can be an excellent introduction to the handling of an analog. Everything is clear and you learn just by looking at the disposal of the various modules (approx. modulation, osc, filters, ampl. Etc ...)
The reactivity of sounds is an incentive to tweak the knobs for hours in this section.

I acquired the North Stage for one thing: the sounds of acoustic pianos.
The big advantage provided by Clavia (a real big plus) is the downloading of sound via USB and among them, better than factory pianos.

My opinion will be very targeted.

Cons:
-Like many, I found that some samples do not really.
Low-volume
-Its a little too "distant" to factory settings.
Flash-imposed quota ridiculous and sounds by 2 category, which do not allow the storage of any combination of samples.

Assets:
In my opinion, three essential piano sounds: the st c7 XL yam, the yam st C7 (because other samples exceeds the memory capacity) category of "large" category and the rain piano "upright"
-2 Tracks superimposed, so that you can tweak a piano sound terrible. For example, the mix Yam Gr XL + Rain piano gives a very convincing piano.
Effects-reverb impressive pianos can be obtained "liquid" on the basis of wonderful st yam c7 (Avoid XL here, which tends to overload the sound and make it too fat)

Some part-sound "synth" interesting, original and usable.

I use it for 3 months.
So I've spent part of summer nights on it with almost white.
The piano sounds great and so well regulated, is astonishing even for an informed ear.
The solo piano is a joy on the North course.
The synth is a bit expensive, though still affordable, with defects that could have been avoided (memory ridiculous)

But to have no uncertainties, the most by far outweigh the less.
I wanted a realistic and practical piano (recorded on studio, his headphone for the night and transferable). I was served!