[Musikmesse] Korg microSTATION
Korg has announced the microSTATION, described as a Micro Synthesizer with Sequencer.
Designed to satisfy the beginning musician or the accomplished keyboardist, the microSTATION offers portability, the sound of Korg's EDS-i synth engine, effects, plus new sequencing tools, according to Korg.
- Equipped with 61 mini-keys, the microSTATION travels easily and fits into any home, stage, or studio workspace.
- EDS-i (Enhanced Definition Synthesis-integrated) sound engine delivers sound in the tradition of KORG's synthesizers.
- 480 sounds - including keyboard sounds, synth sounds, drums, leads, basses, etc. Tweak, edit, create and save up to 512 sound Programs.
- 256 dynamic Combinations place different sounds on different areas of the keyboard, or layer multiple sounds together.
- Find the right sound with eight accessible categories; hundreds of Audition Riffs allow you to preview each sound.
- A General MIDI level 2 compatible soundset allows commercial and pre-made MIDI files to be played instantly.
- The on-board sequencer can be anything from an extra set of hands or a drum machine up to a full-blown MIDI production suite.
- Loop Recording, Grid Sequencing, Dual Arpeggiators, Template songs, and Auto Song Setup features are designed to make it easy for anyone to achieve professional results.
- SD/SDHC card slot for storage or your custom sounds and songs.
- USB Type-B connector offers a direct MIDI connection to your computer.
- Includes both stand-alone and plug-in microSTATION software for sound editing on your computer; plug-in software is VST, AU, and RTAS compatible.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [Musikmesse] Korg PS60 Performance Synthesizer Korg says the PS60 (designed for the gigging -or soon to be gigging-) "delivers premium sounds and professional effects in an easy-to-use performance package".
- [Musikmesse] Arturia Origin Keyboard Because Origin Keyboard is about to be released, Arturia have decided to offer their customers a 2-month price drop for Origin Desktop.
- Fairlight CMI Legacy The library collects new recordings of the original sounds from the Fairlight CMI IIx, described as one of the world's first sampling based workstations.