Roland Juno Stage and GW-8 Workstation
Roland announced several new products at the London International Music Show. Among others they unveiled the new GW-8 Workstation and the Juno in a stage version.
The GW-8 is the next generation of Roland's GW-series workstations with intelligent backing-track functionality.
- Contemporary music workstation with 128-voice sound engine derived from Roland's sound-module lineup
- Variety of contemporary sounds and intelligent backing styles, plus additional banks of ethnic sounds and styles from around the world
- USB Memory Player feature allows direct playback of MP3, WAV, AIFF, and SMF files from USB key; Centre Cancel feature for audio files enables karaoke-style sing-along
- Newly designed graphical display, plus Style Select button, Analogue Modify knob, and D-BEAM
- Style Converter and Playlist Editor software included
- Onboard 16-track sequencer for saving your interactive performances
JUNO-STAGE is a new synthesizer designed for live performers. With a large display, USB backing-track functionality, a Click output for drummers, dedicated performance knobs, hands-free patch select, instant master MIDI control functionality, and much more, JUNO-STAGE hopes to set a new standard for powerful onstage performance at a friendly price.
- Sound set including 88-key stereo multi-sampled piano plus dual SRX expansion bay
- Newly developed 76-note keyboard with touch and response
- Live-performance features such as an extra-large LCD, dedicated Reverb and Master EQ knobs, Click Output for drummers, and hands-free patch-select footswitches
- USB port enables accompaniment-track playback (MP3, WAV, AIFF, SMF) directly from USB key
- Phantom powered mic input plus reverb, great for playing and singing along
- MIDI Controller mode transforms JUNO-STAGE into a MIDI master keyboard with a single touch
These new products will be available later this year (august and september). Pricing is yet to determined.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Dave Smith Prophet '08 Shipping Dave Smith Instruments has announced that their Prophet '08 Synthesizer Module is now shipping.
- Analogue Solutions Leipzig Recently Analogue Solutions has released the Leipzig monosynth, a self contained TRUE analogue synthesiser.
- Yamaha To Launch Tenori-On In U.S. Yamaha Corporation of America is set to reveal their new music-making technology, Tenori-on, for the first time in the United States with launch events for the public and press in New York on April 16 and San Francisco on April 18, 2008.