Pioneer HDJ-500
Pioneer HDJ-500

DJ headphone from Pioneer belonging to the HDJ series.

Public price: $125 incl. VAT
JimboSpins JimboSpins

« Great for DJ'ing and Listening »

Published on 02/26/13 at 06:47
The Pioneer DJ HDJ 500 K headphones are a pair of closed back DJ headphones that have a 40 mm magnet driver and removable cable. These headphones are very affordable and that is probably the only reason I chose to give them a shot. Costing only 100 dollars, I was looking for a pair of headphones that would be great for DJ use and general listening use that I could take on the road with me and not have to worry about damaging my main pair of headphones. The HDJ 500 K is very comfortable around my head even after wearing them for long periods of time. The ear cups are very soft and do not irritate my ears.
The sound of HDJ 500 K are very good for this price. The highs and mids are clean and crisp and the low end has a nice thump to it making it easy to DJ with because I can match up tempos and beats easily. The only thing about these headphones that I feel could cause an issue is the build of them not being as durable as I like my headphones to be but at this price I didn’t expect to get something that would be able to withstand the tough life on the road. I have been using these headphones for a while now and I am even thinking of getting a second pair just to leave at home.
I have used many other Pioneer headphones and some of them are really good and some not so good. These are very good for the price I just don’t think they are that durable and heavy duty. I do recommend getting these though and they could be a great pair of headphones if you are looking for your first pair of DJ headphones. The HDJ headphones from Pioneer are very good, they make a few ones that have the same “Rare Earth” Magnet Driver in them.