EKS OTUS
oli3038 oli3038

«  PRO QUALITY: Excellent Choice »

Publié le 08/14/09 à 07:24
For how long have you been using it? 6 months in a home studio time give me a hand ... 3 weeks since I took with me to mix live with still a few CDs on the side. To mix the basic tempo OTUS is nickel. When you want to accelerate and make complicated trix on the fly (any manipulation Hotcue and loops on the fly from the CDJ 1000) shows the OTUS is quite ergonomic and intuitive. What is so special that you love most, less? MOST compatibility TRAKTOR PRO and immediate Deckadance (more VirtualDJ and all other software ... but I am on MAC and I'm concentrating 100% on TRAKTOR PRO). Impeccable stability and integration in the software MAC or PC Perfect. His excellent problem without comparable level of output CDJ1000 it makes very well on large systems: The map clearly sends his EKS HEAVY! (Associated mainly using Dijital ways to enter a DJM 800) SERATO better than for me! Pitch accuracy and usability of TOUCH. For me the LEAST PLAY CUE buttons are still improvement (compared to a CDJ 1000). They should be more thick to the chopper instinctively "in touch" without looking farther and rotary knob. C. Sometimes moving the jog wheel dial. Ditto for the pads and HotCue Earrings (always compared to a CDJ 1000) should make BRIGHT. THE reference for me: HOT CUE CDJ 1000 and 2000. BRIEF ergonomics and access to functions is sufficient but still be improved. Did you try many other models before buying it? IN YES shop all there I think ... TRAKTOR S4, Stanton, Vestax VCI NUMARK V4, HERCULES, BEHRINGER MAUDIO. For me it is the only surface adapted to do what I need: land with my macbook, and my CD's OTUS plug my RCA two-way table from the board, and begin to mix 3 minutes later with one hand on my CDJ CD (because I burn my favorite songs and even my Accapellas CD) ... the other macbook on my playlist of TRAKTOR. If I was a fan of SERATO I bought the VCI 300 that I find very good but very limited without a table base mix MIX. And I'm addicted to other tables and DJM PIONEER CLUB! What is your opinion about the value for the price? EXCELLENT for Live in bar / box festival, beach party ... etc. ... For use at home or homestudio and even learn to mix and having fun is really a luxury for this price !!!!!! Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice? YES ... because for my use I have not found better. I put 9 out of 10 with High Honors ... and am looking forward to testing the OTUS OTUS RAW +.

Images linked to this review

• photo