DJay Pro v1.1 on Mac includes a video mode
Algoriddim updated its DJay Pro mixing software for Mac OS X to version 1.1 in order to add video support, among other changes.
What’s new in DJay Pro v1.1:
- All-new Video mode with video mixer, visual effects, audio visualizers, text and image overlays, A/V recording, and pre-bundled video content
- Added native support for Pioneer CDJ-2000nexus, CDJ-900nexus, and XDJ-1000 with guided plug & play setup and full library navigation (including Spotify), song information, waveform, and cue point display on the device via HID
- Added native support for Pioneer DDJ-SB, Numark Mixtrack Quad and Mixtrack Edge, and Denon MC6000, MC6000MK2, MC2000
- Improved media library with sources for iTunes, Spotify, videos, My Mac (files), and history
- Redesigned Match feature now available for both Spotify and iTunes
- New media library collection view layout with album artwork display
- New "My Mac" library source to access music and videos in any folder, hard disk, USB sticks, etc.
- Added ability to search within playlists in addition to library-wide searching
- Added ability to export history sessions as CSV, iTunes, or Spotify playlist
- Added support for up to 8 cue points
- Added support for high-quality bit rate (320 kbps) when using Spotify
- Added external mixer mode (can be used with both external USB mixers like DJM-900 and multiple separate output devices like CDJs)
- Added media list columns for bit rate, sample rate, kind, and date modified
- Improved Spotify library integration to grey out unavailable tracks
- Improved deck tools to remember last selected state
- Improved almost-instant audio configuration, allows staged takeover from previous DJ (e.g. connect first CDJ device and start playing, then connect remaining devices once previous DJ finished)
- Improved pitch-bending using controller jog wheels
- Improved slip mode when using MIDI controllers: now also working when looping, using cue points, or with reverse playback
- Improved MIDI Learn with support for custom MIDI out values (e.g. for colored button LEDs)
- Added support for sharing current track info with Nicecast by Rogue Amoeba
- Added various new MIDI mapping actions: beat jump (skipping), master sync setting, loop/reloop, media library back button and source selection, visualizer selection and video crossfade
- Many other fixes and improvements
DJay Pro for Mac is available for the special price of €/$ 49.99 (a 40% discount) for a limited time at the Mac App Store.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] Reloop Beatmix 4 mk2 Reloop present an mk2 version of their Beatmix 4 DJ controller specifically optimized for Serato.
- The top budget CD decks for DJs Even if DJs are turning more and more towards immaterial formats nowadays, it's still useful to keep a good old CD player lying around, one that can play back normal Red Book CDs as well as those stacked with compressed files. There are different models for around $500. We asked the global Audiofanzine community which ones are their favorites, so without further adieu, here are the best CD decks for DJ according to you!
- NI expands Stems support with Traktor Pro 2 update Native Instruments today released Traktor Pro 2.10.1, a free update that extends control of the Stems format to all Traktor users.