MixVibes CrossDJ 2.0 Released
MixVibes announces the latest update to its CrossDJ software, with features such as a modular user interface, a new sampler and effects.
CrossDJ 2.0 sees the addition of two 8-pad sampler decks. This new feature enables hot samples or favourite sampled beats to be incorporated in a live mix. Due to the fact all DJs are used to making transitions between the left and right deck, MixVibes’ new LINK concept couples each sampler to its respective player.
CrossDJ 2.0’s new quantize facility is designed for all hot cues, loops or samples to be spot on, even if played slightly before or after the beat. The quantize function can be applied to either a player or a sampler.
The update also offers control of CrossDJ 2.0’s 14 audio FX, thanks to 2 new FX units with FX assignation and the ability to change the depth of an effect as well as the amount applied. A new bipolar filter is included, which can be directly accessed via a separate mixer control.
Key Features of CrossDJ 2.0
- 8 pad Sampler
- 3 sample play modes
- Unlimited sample banks
- Hot samples: Pressing the next empty sample pad will create a hot sample on-the-fly
- Sample rolling frequency: This functions allows you to control the playback frequency of your samples (every ‘X’ or ‘1/x’ beats) to create a looping sequence.
- Quantize: A live performance feature designed to correct human rhythmic errors.
- 2 FX units : 14 audio effects are now controlled with two parameters. The 2 new FX units can now either be applied to the players, the sampler decks or the master output.
- Bipolar filters : A single knob high-pass / low-pass filters is integrated to the mixer.
- 8 Loop-Locators: Locators now serve as hot cues or can also trigger a preset loop. This professional option mimics the standard Pioneer CDJ behavior.
- Cross fader Assigning: Players and samplers are assigned by default to the cross-fader but can also bypass it to directly feed the master output.
- Modular user interface
Cross (CrossDJ with timecode vinyl record and CD support) receives the same 2.0 feature set.
- CrossDJ: 29€ / 39USD / 29£
- Cross (vinyl and CD timecoded record support): 79€ / 99 USD / 79 £
Cross and CrossDJ 2.0 are free upgrades for current customers
Check out Mixvibes for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Pioneer DDJ-ERGO Limited Pioneer’s white DDJ-ERGO-V is available in a new black model – the DDJ-ERGO-K.
- 4TrackTrigger Controller This 4TrackTrigger has been developed by the same man who developed the intriguing 4MidiLoop DJ controller, Ivo Glanzmann.
- Reloop Controller DJ Contest 2012 Reloop is launching the 2012 edition of its Controller Contest.