Pioneer Updates rekordbox Firmware
Pioneer released a new version of their rekordbox music management, which enables DJs to connect their laptops directly to the CDJ-2000 and CDJ-900 decks.
It launches alongside an essential firmware upgrade for both players that adds several major new features and improvements (firmware v3.00).
Firmware v3.0 - New Features:
- rekordbox™ Link and online export - Drag & drop playback with connected CDJs via LAN cable
- Quantize Loop improvement – From 0.5 audio frame to 1ms accuracy.
- GUI Improvement – New default Info pane for Playlist View with scrolling DJ comments (selectable in UTILITY menu) – CDJ-2000 only
- Version Number - Version number will be displayed after power on.
- Caution Display - Caution will be displayed when linked with older CDJ firmware.
- History registering time changed from 45 seconds to 60 seconds plus Dark Green colour indication.
- History Playlist - Changed file played longer than 60 sec colour to Dark Green. (CDJ-2000 only)
- Text scroll speed on LCD increased from 2x (CDJ-2000 only)
- Search mode - Deleting back tick and adding apostrophe for search mode. CDJ-2000 only.
- 24 bit USB Audio - MAC OS X and ASIO4ALL Windows.
- LCD flicker
- File number limitation (61 files) in YEAR browse mode
- Digital Output – lead out recording error causing external device to stop recording
rekordbox v1.1.0 - New Features
- rekordbox LINK export feature is now supported for use with the CDJ-2000/900.
- DJM-2000 Cue Link – Added
- Option for hiding the Track Player.
- Wrong playlist track is exported during an export operation.
- Crash after track is imported containing special characters in its tag info.
- Track sort info is erased when an export or import operation is performed.
More info and details here.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Pioneer rekordbox To Go Free rekordbox, the digital music management software collaboration between Pioneer and MixVibes – the iTunes for DJs - is being now being made as a free download to all DJs after the launch of their new club standard CDJs.
- Livid Block Diablo Block is a compact and programmable MIDI control surface designed for interactive audio performance.
- Pioneer CDJ-900 The CDJ-900 is Pioneer's new Tabletop Multi Player.