Pioneer released a new version of their rekordbox music management, which enables DJs to connect their laptops directly to the CDJ-2000 and CDJ-900 decks.
It launches alongside an essential firmware upgrade for both players that adds several major new features and improvements (firmware v3.00).
Firmware v3.0 – New Features:
- rekordbox™ Link and online export – Drag & drop playback with connected CDJs via LAN cable
- Quantize Loop improvement – From 0.5 audio frame to 1ms accuracy.
- GUI Improvement – New default Info pane for Playlist View with scrolling DJ comments (selectable in UTILITY menu) – CDJ-2000 only
- Version Number – Version number will be displayed after power on.
- Caution Display – Caution will be displayed when linked with older CDJ firmware.
- History registering time changed from 45 seconds to 60 seconds plus Dark Green colour indication.
- History Playlist – Changed file played longer than 60 sec colour to Dark Green. (CDJ-2000 only)
- Text scroll speed on LCD increased from 2x (CDJ-2000 only)
- Search mode – Deleting back tick and adding apostrophe for search mode. CDJ-2000 only.
- 24 bit USB Audio – MAC OS X and ASIO4ALL Windows.
- LCD flicker
- File number limitation (61 files) in YEAR browse mode
- Digital Output – lead out recording error causing external device to stop recording
rekordbox v1.1.0 – New Features
- rekordbox LINK export feature is now supported for use with the CDJ-2000/900.
- DJM-2000 Cue Link – Added
- Option for hiding the Track Player.
- Wrong playlist track is exported during an export operation.
- Crash after track is imported containing special characters in its tag info.
- Track sort info is erased when an export or import operation is performed.
More info and details here.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] Reloop Beatmix 4 mk2 Reloop present an mk2 version of their Beatmix 4 DJ controller specifically optimized for Serato.
- NI expands Stems support with Traktor Pro 2 update Native Instruments today released Traktor Pro 2.10.1, a free update that extends control of the Stems format to all Traktor users.
- [NAMM] Rane MP2014 DJ mixer After launching the MP2015 4-channel DJ mixer last year, Rane introduces a 2-channel version, the MP2014.