Xylio has released version 2.0 of its DJ mixing software FutureDecks Pro.
- Time-stretching (you need to activate it from the cfg window – requires intensive CPU resources).
- Pitch scaling/transpose (independent of tempo/speed) – used for harmonic/key mixing (use the FutureDecks tag editor to assign key values to songs that don’t have the key already set).
- Whole song audio stripe/waveform on position slider.
- Added Mix-In/Mix-Out (CUE In/Out) points used by AutoMix (can be edited just like regular cue points).
- Auto CUE In/Out (automatically detecting mix-in and mix-out points for the AutoMix feature if they are not present).
- Improved BPM detection and beat-matching (sync).
- Import the whole iTunes library or only distinct playlists (works with both normal and smart lists).
- Skin Designer application (released for Windows only at this time).
- Video window remembers position/screen and fullscreen mode.
- Hide mouse cursor when video is full-screen.
- Settings rework (all XML now).
- Cleaned up DirectX, fixed quality (as good as in OpenGL now), fixed aspect ratio when in full-screen.
- Video setting for both DirectX and OpenGL (consumes more resources if activated).
- Better detection of external controllers.
- Browsing and loading songs directly from the controller for all Hercules controllers.
- New hardware controllers supported: Hercules DJ Control MP3 e2, Reloop Digital Jockey – IE2 (partial support).
- Changed loop controls name (“In” is now “In/Out” and “Out” is now “Exit”); the functionality remains the same.
- Automatically pausing the track when reaching end.
- Increased tempo/speed maximum range to +/-50%.
- Small bugs and critical errors fixed, much more stable.
- Speed improvements.
This is a free upgrade for those who purchased v1.x made after August 1st, 2009. For new customers the pricing is $99 / €79 / £59.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] Reloop Beatmix 4 mk2 Reloop present an mk2 version of their Beatmix 4 DJ controller specifically optimized for Serato.
- NI expands Stems support with Traktor Pro 2 update Native Instruments today released Traktor Pro 2.10.1, a free update that extends control of the Stems format to all Traktor users.
- [NAMM] Rane MP2014 DJ mixer After launching the MP2015 4-channel DJ mixer last year, Rane introduces a 2-channel version, the MP2014.