Blueridge BG40
Publié le 02/21/10 à 20:14
The Blueridge BG40 is an acoustic guitar made in China. Until recently I was not familiar with Blueridge, but after playing a number of their models, I'm glad that I now know about them. Don't let the fact that this guitar was made in China fool you, as it is very well crafted. The guitar isn't an acoustic/electric, so there aren't any setting controls to talk about here.

Playing the Blueridge BG40 proved for me, to be a very easy task. For an acoustic guitar especially, I found it to have a very fluid neck that I could easily navigate throughout. I found it easy to play both rhythm and lead parts, which is saying a lot of an acoustic. It has a the standard dreadnought style body and shape, and the weight isn't anything out of the ordinary.

Pretty much instantly after picking up and playing the Blueridge BG40, I was impressed with its crisp sound quality. It is definitely on the brighter sounding side of dreadnought acoustic guitars, as it is vibrant and cuts through very well. I haven't used the guitar for recording yet, but the BG40 seems to me like the perfect recording guitar because of this bright sound. Even though it is bright, it is definitely full bodied and covers up the full spectrum you'd expect from an acoustic guitar.

Not only does the Blueridge BG40 have a great tone, but it is also beautiful to look at, which can definitely be a consideration when it comes to acoustic guitars. I was at first struck by its look, then the price, and then the overall feel and tone. I was very surprised to see such a beautiful looking and sounding guitar with such a reasonable price. While I don't yet own a BG40, I'm looking to add it to my guitar collection sooner rather than later.