Ahead MODEL 5A

All user reviews for the Ahead MODEL 5A

• MGR/Aysi  OuinreMGR/Aysi Ouinre

AHEAD 5A

Ahead MODEL 5APublished on 03/12/04 at 15:00
    I bought these at Guitar Center for $35.

I like the fact that there is no vibration whatsoever. That makes for better grip, and thus less fatigue. I also like the fact that the shafts are replaceable, making it easier to keep a single pair of sticks go forever (which I tried to do with wood sticks.) Also, the shafts last longer than any wood sticks I have used (I have found that of the wood sticks, the Vic Firth ones last the longest.)

These sticks are a bit on the heavy side, making it hard to drum fast. I usually keep some Vic Firth 5A's with me, for times when I have to play really fast. Also, the price ($35) was a big downer.

These things are built really well. Nothing has com…
    I bought these at Guitar Center for $35.

These things are built really well. Nothing has come loose in the time that I have used these particular drum sticks.

These things are great for people who play heavy metal, contemporary rock, and basically anything that isn't Green Day (Like I said--these things aren't the best for playing really fast). Nevertheless, not having to deal with stick vibration is a big plus. I would recommend these to anyone...except if you have a tendency to lose your drum sticks--these things are kinda pricy.