Vic Firth American Classic 5A
Vic Firth American Classic 5A
sanjuro sanjuro
Publié le 11/29/09 à 18:40
To me, this is the stick that best represents the quality of Vic Firth.  It was the first pair of sticks that I ever bought, recommended to me by my first drum teacher.  Ever since, I have tried a multitude of different sticks from dofferent companies.  Vater, Silver fox, Zildjian, even other Vic Firth's don't compare to the classic versatility of the 5A's.  I often use Steve Gadd Signature sticks, which are great, but I always have many 5A's lying around.

These sticks are heavy and long enough to really rock out, but have the perfectly shaped neck and tip that make controlling dynamics very easy.  I can play these in Jazz, Rock, or whatever other genres I want.  These are well balanced and easy to flip, and I swear the opposite end is almost as good to play with as the font.  These have an amazing tendency to wear down evenly when getting old, a quality that the Gadd Signatures do not have.  The rim sounds produced when playing cross sticks are great, with loud, high pitched cracks.  The 5A's are also thick and durable enough to rarely break during a gig (if they are a fresh pair).  The 7A's or lighter variations break much more easily.  Even when they do break, I toss these in the fireplace and the hickory burns great.  Such fine sticks deserve a near ceremonial cremation anyways.

I have known many, many drummers who swear by the Vic Firth 5A's and I am among them.  I love the feeling, sound, weight, durability, and even classic nature of these sticks.  They have served me well, and I am confident while using them.  These are one of the few stick models I would buy in bulk.  If you haven't tried these, give them a shot.  So many drummers can't be wrong....