Mapex VENUS SERIES
Mapex VENUS SERIES
graveyardgreg graveyardgreg

« This has got to be the best beginner kit out there?!? »

Published on 07/17/18 at 08:04
Audience: Anyone
Okay, I would be very surprised to find a better entry-level kit especially after seeing that you can buy these for $200!! I originally bought mine for drummers to come over and jam with me on guitar.….I replaced the original snare with a 1960's Slingerland snare and I use a DrumDial to tune the Remo Coated Ambassadors….they are booming!! I also have some 1976 WMP Ludwigs and with the same heads, all tuned up they are neck and neck…..and like previously mentioned by other reviewers, this kick drum really slams…When it was time to record, I would go to C.A. House Music in St. Clairsville, Ohio to buy new heads and have Tim Siedler tune it up….Tim is a legendary drummer in that area and every time he was done tuning them he would give them 2 or 3 really hard whacks and mention how good they sounded….

Images linked to this review

• photo