The Mapex Drum Company announced the availability of a new Limited Edition Meridian Black drum kit called “The Raven”.
This specially designed drum kits will be available exclusively through authorized Mapex dealers worldwide.
The Meridian Black Raven kit is the first in a series of “Player Designed” kits with features designed to “directly fill the needs of the modern rock drummer.” The Raven kit will be a limited edition, specific in its configuration, with what Mapex describes a very unique look. Once they are sold out, they will not be reproduced, the company says.
The rich Birch/Maple shells are said to feature low and dark tones with a balanced attack. The inside of the shells feature a new Black finish designed to enhance resonance and projection. The 22"x20“ Bass drum is designed to produce massive low end and the shallow toms speak fast. The kit features one 12”×08" rack tom, and 14"×12" and 16"x14“ floor toms, so the player can bring in their ride cymbal close. A 14”×06" snare drum completes the set.
The shells come wrapped in a semi-gloss black wood grain finish, fitted with satin black hardware, and are topped with Remo clear pinstripe drumheads. This 5-piece kit can be complemented by a 10"×07" add-on tom.
- Bass Drum – 4.8mm Birch Exterior/2.4mm Maple Interior
- Toms & Snare – 4.1mm Birch Exterior/7.1mm Maple Interior
For more information on the Meridian Black – The Raven: www.mapexdrums.com/meridian-black
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] Roland FD-9 After the KT-9 beaterless kick pedal, Roland presents the FD-9, an innovative Hi-Hat control pedal for quiet night practice on electronic drums.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Roland KT-9 Roland presents the KT-9, an innovative beaterless kick pedal for quiet practice on electronic drums.
- [MUSIKMESSE][VIDEO] Clavia Nord Drum 3P A live demonstration of the Nord Drum 3P at the Musikmesse 2016.