Sonor Force 1000
Sonor Force 1000

Force 1000, Drum Set from Sonor in the Force series.

• Increase or decrease font size
djamon 04/20/2011

Sonor Force 1000 : djamon's user review

«  not bad »

It's a drumkit in poplar, which was the "low end" of Sonor at the time.

I acquired my Force 1000, a standard config: GC.22, CC.14, TT.12, TT.13, TB.16, used for 400 francs in 2001.
I do not practice regularly since the drumkit only 3 years, and I must say it sounds pretty good for an old cuckoo. I rode over Evan's:
- EC2 on Toms (for single ply Remo reso)
- EMad2 on GC, handy circles muffler included (Aquarian, with muffler wrapped around the hole reso)
- Coated Genera Dry on CC (single ply Remo reso)

The (+):
Compared to Pearl Vision I squatted at the studio again, and though I much prefer mine, but it is true, I spent some time to master its tuning.
I find the sound of the bass drum perfect (see the skins with muffler included above, plus a convoluted foam placed inside, and I use plastic bats).
The same sound technicians and other drummers who have tried have already told me that the snare sound was not bad at all, certainly better than some higher-end snare drums (probably incorrectly set by the owner) .

The (-):
The hardware sold (at the time) was poor with the foot of the CC and Charley were dropped in the road.
Also I have 2 toms with rust. It was the former owner who has completely stripped because it was starting to crack (maybe he was storing in a damp place, or with large temperature differences).
The screws for skins on top of Tom began to tire low: they become loose while I play, but it's in my control propablement enough (I like the floor tom being in very severe).

Without knowing instead I made a very good deal at the time, because although common, is the wood is of good quality and has hardly changed (this is not cons-plated), drums Once well tuned sound so very correct (must still be stored in good conditions).

In fact it is a good drumkit versatile enough, and it allowed me to properly introduce me to the instrument settings.
I am very pleased with this acquisition, I do not sell it (I lend to my nephew ^ ^) but I'm still going to invest soon in the more upscale, like Tama Starclassic.