Tama Starclassic Performer
Tama Starclassic Performer

Drum Set from Tama belonging to the Starclassic Performer series.

MGR/Wes MGR/Wes

« Tama Starclassic Performer »

Published on 05/29/05 at 15:00
I bought a five-piece starclassic performer at a local shop for $1,687. I wanted to step up from my cheaper kit, I'm glad I did! Later, I ordered a 16 inch floor tom to go with the kit, which I received after about 2 months.

I've played maple kits from almost every manufacturer, and this kit beats them all hands down. They are definitely the best drums on the market. They just have so much tone and are so dark and warm sounding, and they have no bad overtones (as with some maple kits). Also, with the 'fast' sizes that I bought, they are very articulate. They sound huge, particularly the bass drum.

I wish all the options on the starclassic maple series were available for the performer (sizes, sound focus rings, gold hardware). But, that's how they keep the price down.

It's Tama. What else do I have to say? The hardware is particularly nice.

These are the best sounding drums on the planet. They aren't quite as 'pretty' as top of the line maple drums, but they far supass maple when it comes to tone, warmth, and articulation.