[NAMM] SSL Duende Mini
Solid State Logic announces a new compact, portable desktop DSP box: Duende Mini.
Duende puts the SSL sound within your DAW and Duende Mini makes owning your own slice of SSL more affordable and portable than ever.
Mini is a little "one third rack width", all metal construction, desktop box that hooks up to your computer via Firewire. This compact rugged unit is ideal for small studios or laptop based DAW users. Mini makes a stack of DSP processing power available to drive up to 16 channels of plug-in processing (at sample rates up to 96kHz) within your host application. Duende Mini is upgradeable to 32 channels of processing power and you can run two Duende units on a single computer system for up to 64 channels of processing.
Duende is based on the powerful DSP technology behind SSL’s acclaimed C-Series digital consoles and Mini ships with the ‘EQ and Dynamics Channel‘, a plug-in developed by SSL to provide an EQ & Dynamics processing solution with all the power and processing flexibility of an SSL console channel.
Duende Channel Strip key features include:
- Classic SSL console channel strip features and sound
- 4-band EQ, two shelving sections and two parametric
- Variable low-pass and high-pass filter
- Switchable EQ characteristics between E Series and G Series EQ
- “Over-Easy” soft ratio compression characteristic for smooth transitions
- Variable process order routing
- Dynamics side-chain processing with independent side chains for compressor and expander/gate
Mini also ships with fully functional trial versions of the growing portfolio of plug-ins available for the Duende platform. Other Plug-ins available include:
- Duende Stereo Bus Compressor
The centre section compressor from SSL’s 1980’s G Series analogue console is an audio production legend. It is the secret behind countless classic recordings. It is a simple unit with a simple purpose; it makes complete mixes sound bigger, with more power, punch and drive. It brings cohesion and strength to your mix without compromising clarity. The Duende Stereo Bus Compressor brings this classic ‘audio glue’ to you within your workstation.
Drumstrip does the difficult bit for you. Putting the right selection of processing tools in your hands, Drumstrip can get you from an ordinary, average drum sound to a vibrant, exhilarating drum sound in a few quick, easy steps. Plug in, switch on and experiment.
X-EQ is an open and transparent sounding parametric EQ that provides the user with a truly comprehensive range of EQ tools within an intuitive user interface. X-EQ is exceptionally flexible with the ability to be surgically precise for mastering duties or to smooth and sculpt for every day audio production. It’s also particularly suited to real-time manipulation for dramatic filter sweep effects.
X-Comp is extremely versatile; it can deliver the transparent audio finesse of a mastering grade stereo compressor or be driven to inject character and raw power to rival the SSL Listen Mic Compressor. It has an innovative set of control features that are immensely powerful and sophisticated yet remain intuitive and simple to operate.
Duende Plug-ins are compatible with any VST, AudioUnit or RTAS* host application. (*RTAS supported through the use of VST-RTAS wrapper)
Duende Mini is available from Feb 08 via SSL Resellers.
Duende Mini $799 + Tax, Duende Mini 16 to 32 channel upgrade $399 + Tax, Stereo Bus Compressor $399 + Tax.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] URS Saturation URS introduces their new plug-in : Saturation.
- Apple Time Capsule Time Capsule is a backup device that works wirelessly with Time Machine in Mac OS X Leopard. It automatically backs up everything, so you no longer have to worry about losing your digital life.
- [NAMM] Euphonix Artist Serie MC Euphonix show wonderfull control surfaces for home studios that could shakedown the market's leaders.