UAD-2 Satellite DUO & QUAD FireWire DSP Shipping
Universal Audio has announced that their recently unveiled UAD-2 Satellite DUO and QUAD FireWire DSP Accelerator Packages are now shipping to authorized dealers worldwide.
The UAD-2 Satellite family combines DSP acceleration with FireWire 800/400 - for Intel-based iMacs, MacBook Pros and Mac minis.
The UAD-2 Satellites are designed to put the UAD Powered Plug-Ins library - including the Studer A800 Multichannel Tape Recorder, and SSL E & G plug-ins - within reach of iMacs, MacBook Pros and Mac minis; no PCIe or ExpressCard required.
Available in DUO or QUAD processor format (with either two or four Analog Devices SHARC processors, respectively), UAD-2 Satellite packages provide a selection of analog emulation plug-ins, along with a processing "boost" for digital audio workstations, according to the company.
Notable UAD-2 Satellite features include:
- Access the UAD Powered Plug-Ins library on select FireWire 800- and 400- equipped Macs.
- Compatible with modern Intel-based iMacs, MacBook Pros and Mac minis running Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.4 (or higher).
- Run larger mixes in Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Performer and more.
There are five models to choose from:
- DUO (Core).
- DUO Flexi (w/ $500 Plug-In Voucher).
- QUAD (Core).
- QUAD Flexi (w/ $500 Plug-In Voucher).
- QUAD Omni v5.7 (w/ 50 UAD plug-ins).
The complete line of UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerators are available now with prices starting at $899 MAP USD.
For the latest information on the UAD-2 Satellite, visit UA's website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Waves V8r3 Waves has released new V8r3 installers for Version 8 of its plug-in range.
- HorNet ChannelStrip v1.0.3 HoRNet has updated its ChannelStrip plug-in to version 1.0.3, adding a VST version to the existing AU version.
- Midikarval Sequential Channel Changer MidiKarval has released Sequential Channel Changer (SCC), a MIDI VST plug-in designed to allow you to change the MIDI channel on which your MIDI keyboard is transmitting.