Ecler DPA 2500T
Walter de Mehlknepfle Walter de Mehlknepfle

«  A good amp to "big lungs! »

Publié le 10/24/10 à 04:26
I have several of DPA2500T purchased during the past three years.

It's a choice I made after working with many different amps and listened to several others just out of curiosity. DPA2500T but I really enjoyed for its sound qualities.

What I prefer this amp is its "inagenouïabilité" good course that word does not exist but the idea is there. Powers announced by Ecler are not delusional, 2 x 1130 Watts into 4 Ohms unless you've really, really! A feeling of great reserve of power available at all times and this continued for hours on end. I use this amp mostly for serious reinforcements at the bottom of their limits, and nothing, it does not distort, it does not stall, it does not run out of steam, power is still there. The sound too, because for me the second major highlight of this good amp is the quality and beauty of sound. On bass, as mids and highs, everything is very clear, well defined with full but very, very safe. And detail.

I soundman jazz, world music, blues, big band ... But also rock-electro, or DUB, and this amp is comfortable in all styles. Cons of the hyper bass sound with synth burne to 30 Hz, it keeps everything under control. Even 2 Ohms, uttering subs, nothing, impossible to stall.
The black dot is obviously its weight, 30 kgs for 2 x 1130 Watts into 4 Ohms, it is very heavy. But hey, a transformer per channel, it is unnecessary mystery ... And obviously, it works much better than a D, yes 3 times lighter but collapses to a third of its power!

I would do without this choice because I listen regularly to reflect some new amps in the market, there is no photo, for reinforced serious I keep my DPA2500T to Powersoft and Lab.gruppen, too bad for weight, more power to the sound ...