Used for 6 months: 1 Digam D2002 heads to push 4 and 1 Granite S12.1 Digam D2004 to push two boxes Granite Granite C2mk2, all filtered through trial DBX DR260.
Several models tried before:
- Crest CPX Series (lots of default, a quality: price)
- QSC RMX (honnte in the bass, power handling ral, but his effete)
- Crown MA24002 (Rolls): a monster sound quality and reliability of its round color and slightly (but in a good way).
- Crest Pro 7200 (Bentley): a series almost as legendary as the Macro Tech, its most rigorous but also colder (more "mtallique).
- Weight (8.5 kg per amp)
- Reliability (I use it for only six months, so lack of distance, but availing oneself of this quality seems Powersoft.
- Sound: very dynamic in the medium rather, very late in the acute and specific on without any coloration. Grave very well kept.
- Imposing length (46cm), so custom amp rack required
- Sound: Lger lack of roundness in the bass, but the reserve of power compensates almost instantaneous. Even when one is away from the Macro Tech in this area.
Quality reports for money:
The quality of construction and finish are exemplary. These amplifiers are assembled in Italy, contrl qualities are numerous and rigorous.
Price ratio (around 1950 in 2009) is much more expensive than Crest Pro7200 (around 1600) whose weight is also very reasonable (11kg.Le Crest sounds good, but color is more .
The Crown is obviously clearly a notch above. If the Crest and the Powersoft amplifiers are pro, Crown pro amp is a very upscale. Its price (around 3000) is justified for all its qualities (sound, building brand image, resale value ...). But it is heavy (23kg) and, admittedly, a bit expensive.
This amp is probably the most homogne the market in the sense that it happens to the best compromise between the market weight, quality construction, sound quality and price.
The Crown has committed no act! The sound quality and reliability are the only priority.
Crest has srieux arguments but I found the sound a bit cold and it is probably more suited to the PS15's my example Granit.
So I put him a grade of 10/10 for its homognit but I emphasize that I do that the boards for 6 months, so this review is taken with Relativity.