QSC PLX3602
QSC PLX3602

Dual-Channel Power Amp from QSC belonging to the PLX series.

djmotion djmotion

«  A bomb. »

Publié le 06/26/10 à 10:33
I been using it for 1 month. Whatever the application:
- Broadband on my HK PRO 15,
- Broadband on my HK HK PRO PRO 18S + 15 (crossover)
- Bi-amp to push my sub,
it gave me satisfaction.

Before, I used amps (Yamaha P5000S PC and 4800N), a Peavey PV 2600, and the Interm Berhinger EP4000 (and I spend all makes "low cost").
The QSC outperforms other mainly on musicality: low well-rounded, beautiful clarity of registers. As soon as I plugged the beast was the day and night with the Yamaha (which however are not bad on the contrary!) But the bass is here!
The downside, I found that heated more rapidly than Yam equal load and the ventilation is more permanent and therefore not suitable for heavy use in the studio.
Among its strengths:
- The weight (- less than 10 Kg)
- Allowable load (2 ohm stereo, 4 ohms bridget)
- 2x1100 watts RMS power into 4 ohms insured
- The integrated limiter,
- The XLR and Jack connectors in parallel,
- Subsonic filter,
- Filters with Acif Possibiliter biamplification (mono)
- Parallel mode,
- Mode indicator switches on front panel

Cons:
Price - but as they say, there's something for his money
- Noise from ventilation (for studio use is not terrible)
- A level indicator more accurate and less recessed on the front (it is virtually invisible when the rack is on the ground)
- The frequency of Crossover are blocked at 100Hz (in my case, the frequency is too low),
- An output of active filter
- The volume pots seem fragile
- A simpler Speakon connection to the bridge mode (in the style adopted by Peavey and Crest with a dedicated Speakon)
- Hotter than my Yamahas but at the same time, the QSC is much more powerful!
Feedback after three months of service (August 2010):
For having parties at venues that I knew, I gain more ApPEC brought to my facility by this beast. Do not need to spit in donf clqué my sub. I even had to revise my settings down for not stunned the audience ... So no regrets about my purchase which has been quickly depreciated.