< Tous les avis Mac Mah DS-1 "kick"
Mac Mah DS-1 "kick"
Mac Mah DS-1 "kick"
flameart flameart
Published on 03/06/08 at 13:37
Dynamic microphone for kick drum or recovery of low-frequency instruments in general

I use it for 3 years now, I think I can say I've been around. What I like most is first prize. I took it because for less than € 100 there's not many other micro bass drum. It is easy to implement, weighing just fine: not too heavy for microphone stands, not too light. There is no "toy" what.

What I like least is the sound, and above all reliability. After 3 years, and without heavy use, I occasionally drops in at very important, which is very annoying when you are taking full registration. The sound is clean but nothing more. Let's say for live situation it is not a problem if it is only to support the bass drum, and it is great for that. Against it by the studio to tear his hair out in an EQ bass drum sound a little clean.

I also tested in support of decision-low, and there I confess that coupled with an E609 and a DI he brings a real boost on the low frequency and does not bleed too much. On my percussion (bongos and djarbouka), I also used to bring a little body and it goes pretty good.

To summarize, it is a micro unpretentious small budget and must be treated as such. For its price it provides substantial assistance. Now looking back I headed inevitably toward a B52 or E602, but it's not the same budget. Anyway, I keep it in a corner because it's still a good "first micro" and that makes me make a few more services