After a successful Kickstarter campaign, Morton Microphone Systems is at the NAMM Show to present their KickTone co-axial dynamic mic for bass drums.
The idea behind KickTone was to conceive a bass drum microphone able to emphasize sub frequencies without sacrificing higher transients through capturing the full spectrum of sound naturally produced in the resonant chamber of a bass drum. According to its conceptors, the result is a "punchy, well-defined sound" while its unique mounting system (in addition to a classic one) makes it possible to attach it directly to the bass drum's resonant head with a proprietary slide bracket, ensuring it a stable position.
- Size 6.5” diameter x 4.5” depth (16.5 x 11.4 cm)
- Type Dynamic, low impedance (100 ohms)
- Finish Vintage Black standard, custom finishes available
- Frequency Response 20 Hz - 8 KHz
- Sensitivity 87 dB SPL at 2.83 volt input, measured at 1 meter
- Weight 1.7 lbs (.77 kg)
- Polar Pattern Cardioid
- Output Connector XLR-3 (Cannon)
Although Morton Microphone Systems are currently out of stock, the KickTone can be ordered for $399 with the first available units being expected by end of the first quarter 2016.
More details at www.mortonmicrophones.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.