[NAMM] Shure presents KSM8 Dualdyne
Shure has introduced the KSM8 Dualdyne, the world's first dual-diaphragm dynamic handheld microphone.
The KSM8 Dualdyne dynamic microphone features a patented cartridge design with two ultra-thin diaphragms and groundbreaking reverse airflow technology. It means to provide better control over proximity effect (hence "a huge sweet spot" according to Shure) and accurate & flat frequency response so as to minimize the need for EQ and other processings.
- Dual-Diaphragm Dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency Response: 40 to 16,000 Hz
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- Output Impedance: 300 ohms
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz (open circuit voltage): -51.5 dBV/Pa (1.85 mV)
- Net Weight: 330g / 11.64oz.
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male
- Housing: Die-cast Aluminum with Paint or Brushed Nickel Finish
The KSM8 Dualdyne microphone has several wired, UHF-R, ULX-D Digital, Axient and QLX-D Digital variations (the last two only available in black) for prices starting at $499. More details available from Shure's website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.