[NAMM] Shure presents KSM8 Dualdyne
Shure has introduced the KSM8 Dualdyne, the world's first dual-diaphragm dynamic handheld microphone.
The KSM8 Dualdyne dynamic microphone features a patented cartridge design with two ultra-thin diaphragms and groundbreaking reverse airflow technology. It means to provide better control over proximity effect (hence "a huge sweet spot" according to Shure) and accurate & flat frequency response so as to minimize the need for EQ and other processings.
- Dual-Diaphragm Dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency Response: 40 to 16,000 Hz
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- Output Impedance: 300 ohms
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz (open circuit voltage): -51.5 dBV/Pa (1.85 mV)
- Net Weight: 330g / 11.64oz.
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male
- Housing: Die-cast Aluminum with Paint or Brushed Nickel Finish
The KSM8 Dualdyne microphone has several wired, UHF-R, ULX-D Digital, Axient and QLX-D Digital variations (the last two only available in black) for prices starting at $499. More details available from Shure's website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.