[NAMM] Shure presents KSM8 Dualdyne
Shure has introduced the KSM8 Dualdyne, the world's first dual-diaphragm dynamic handheld microphone.
The KSM8 Dualdyne dynamic microphone features a patented cartridge design with two ultra-thin diaphragms and groundbreaking reverse airflow technology. It means to provide better control over proximity effect (hence "a huge sweet spot" according to Shure) and accurate & flat frequency response so as to minimize the need for EQ and other processings.
- Dual-Diaphragm Dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency Response: 40 to 16,000 Hz
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- Output Impedance: 300 ohms
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz (open circuit voltage): -51.5 dBV/Pa (1.85 mV)
- Net Weight: 330g / 11.64oz.
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male
- Housing: Die-cast Aluminum with Paint or Brushed Nickel Finish
The KSM8 Dualdyne microphone has several wired, UHF-R, ULX-D Digital, Axient and QLX-D Digital variations (the last two only available in black) for prices starting at $499. More details available from Shure's website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Manley Labs present Nu Mu studio compressor Manley Labs introduce the new Manley Nu Mu studio compressor, perpetuating the tradition of the brand's legendary Variable Mu.
- [NAMM] SPL announces two 500 modules SPL introduces its very first two 500 modules, the DeS de-esser and TDx transient designer.
- [NAMM] Warm Audio introduces WA-2A Warm Audio present the WA-2A, their own version of the classic Teletronix LA2A optical tube compressor design.