TC Helicon MP-70 & MP-75
TC-Helicon has announced the upcoming availability of the MP-70 and MP-75 mics.
Both microphones are handheld dynamics - and the MP-75 comes with one added feature called "Mic Control".
The proprietary Lismer capsule design uses a neodymium magnet structure. The placement of the super-cardioid capsule is designed to provide off-axis noise rejection and feedback suppression.
TC-Helicon also announces the Mic Control function that puts control of TC-Helicon’s vocal effects units in the user's hand.
Mic Control allows for communication between TC-Helicon’s new MP-75 microphone and its vocal effects devices, including VoiceLive 2, VoiceLive Touch, VoiceLive Singles and VoiceTone products with USB through a button on the barrel of the microphone. With products such as VoiceLive 2 and VoiceLive Touch the button is user-configurable. Also, through a firmware update, any vocal effects unit in TC-Helicon's current product range can be controlled with MP-75's Mic Control feature. The firmware updates are available via VoiceSupport
• Super-cardioid pick-up pattern with 50Hz to 18kHz frequency response
• Lismer dynamic capsule voiced for ‘close-up’ mic technique
• Suspended dual shock mount
• Mic Control circuit for controlling TC-Helicon vocal effects
• 100% custom design
• Good for use with TC-Helicon’s Adaptive Tone
• Both the MP-70 and MP-75 will work with non TC-Helicon products
MP-75 US$169 Estimated price / €149 SSP
MP-70 US$129 Estimated price / €109 SSP
Available: April 2011
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.