Rode introduces the M5 pencil microphones
Rode launches the M5 condenser electret small diaphragm microphone inspired by the NT5, that will be sold in matched pairs.
The M5 is designed to capture the sound of acoustic instruments, choirs and can be used alone in mono or paired in stereo. Rode adds that the paired microphones are matched so that the different of sensitivity between the two models won’t exceed 1dB.
For the finish of the bodies, Rode used its proprietary ceramic coating for a mate black color. The M5 microphones ship with WS5 windshields and stands, as well as a certificate of authenticity.
- Pressure gradient condenser electret microphones
- Cardioid polar pattern
- 1/2" capsule
- JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Output impedance: 200 Ohms
- Frequency range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Max SPL: 140dB SPL (1kHz, 1% THD @ 1k Ohms)
- Max output level: 13.5dBu (1kHz, 1% THD @ 1k Ohms)
- Sensitivity: -34dB re 1V/Pa ±2dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent noise level: 19dB A-weighted
- Dimensions: 100 x 20 x 20mm
- Weight: 80g
No information regarding the price of the M5 Matched Pair. Visit www.rodemic.com/mics/m5-mp for further details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.