Carvin adds to its Classic Bolt-On Series the new PB4 four-string and PB5 five-string basses.
The PB4 and PB5 basses are based on a classic design to which Carvin added some proprietary features, including the bridge and a new P-style passive split humbucker pickup that uses Alnico V magnets. This pickup is completed by a single coil bridge pickup.
Carvin also changed the neck heel for and enhanced playability.
Just as al the Carvin instruments, these basses can be customized with various wood, electronics and finish options. Following are the specifications of the standard version:
- Alder body
- Bolt-on maple neck
- Rosewood fingerboard with 14" radius and white Dot inlays
- 20 medium jumbo frets on the PB4 and 22 on the PB5
- 34" scale length on both versions
- Nut width: 1.54" on the four-string and 1.76" on the five-string
- Carvin Premium tuners, 20:1 ratio
- Split Coil Alnico V passive humbucker middle pickup, single coil bridge pickup
- Master volume, master tone – passive electronics
- Adjustable saddle bridge, string-thru-body or top load options
- Chrome or golden hardware
- Various finishes
Viewers of this article also read...
- [MUSIKMESSE] LTD introduces two multi-scale basses LTD has introduced the B-1004SE Multi-scale bass as well as its 5-string version, the B-1005SE.
- [MUSIKMESSE][VIDEO] Live from the Hotone booth At the Musikmesse, Hotone present a large collection of guitar pedals and mini amp heads.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Blackstar present the Fly 3 Bass Blackstar Amplification has unveiled the Fly 3 Bass, a bass version of its 3-watt mini-amp range.