Dean Guitars Sledge Hammer 4
Dean Guitars Sledge Hammer 4
Dlw Dlw
Publié le 05/28/08 à 22:52
Unearthed in Switzerland where I live, this instrument has been modified by me because the original microphone and electronics are now branded EMG. Micro EMG MMTW to be more precise. Otherwise, it is always with his simple but sturdy easel. As for the settings (change requires EMG) they are reduced to two buttons. The first act on the volume and his friend toning with extreme precision. And the 3rd preview button on the original model you ask, what is it? A switch has taken place and controls the LEDs light traversing the white portion of the handle of the Dean. So, the rosewood fingerboard was removed to get the wiring used to illuminate the LEDs. I managed to get a new ebony fingerboard with a luthier who Helvetian me on all this very concenscieusement. Even to the point I get the famous frets I wanted, frets from an alloy of silver and bronze. After changing all that and made the necessary adjustments, I must say it really starts to have this mouth bass.

The handle is a feast for the bass player that I am picky. Mahogany forming the handle with ebony fingerboard and frets typed bell provide a pleasant feeling to the touch and ease of play unusual. The access to acute care is free even though this is a handle screwed but I digress slightly in the register diatonic really. The shape of this instrument is inéductablement think of a thumb but without the heavy weight, which delights me. The mahogany gives a warm sound and a sustain significant. Moreover, it is for his violin that I am afforded the.

It fits my expectations because I wanted to have this kind of low-cost guitar to violin but blameless. The changes that I have more experience in doing a studio or problems related to the precision and the total absence of noise are ugly queens. As I juggle between mostly plump and funky industrial martial in the studio, that allows me to Dean like eccentricity. And white leds you say, what are they for me? Well, I like to play in the dark in my home studio and these markers make it easy to me. The preamp I use with which it is connected is a Markbass Studio Pre fresh acquisition. The type of sound obtained is bold, heavy, accurate and slamming with the setting and I must say that I swim in happiness, both acute unsightly are not part of the festival with this configuration. I am surprised to compose reggae because sometimes in the lower register, she seems to have no limits. For the slap, it reminds me of the 70's bassists who use this technique with any big amps and cabinets lamps equipped with 2x15 "... a case! No modern and only a penny for that, I like it.

One month it just fills me with his violin sound and abundance. I like the shape, color (natural satin), weight, button layout setting (grr, I hate the buttons placed too near the G string because they prevent me from using certain techniques of game) , the handle end and mahogany. New paid 500 Swiss francs (about € 310), the price / quality ratio is above top-mega-extra kool. Well, at the same time, it was changed quickly, so I have not had time to try the original on the long term. But at that price, I have not hesitated to add items to my greatest listening pleasure. What I want to say is that an instrument in the mid-range, well, we can make a musical object high end low cost.
I'm very happy!