Epiphone EB-0
Epiphone EB-0

4-string bass guitar from Epiphone belonging to the EB series.

albou albou

«  It works well! »

Publié le 05/03/11 à 05:15
A nice bass made in China type SG (an imitation of the namesake of Gibson) by slaves minors to 300 meters below sea level! (Nan j'déconne I dunno ... but it is in China!)
The bridge is screwed securely to a rosewood body.
The neck is rosewood and is also screwed to the body (4 screws) so as strong as the bridge. I would say it is reassuring given the price and source ^ ^
The key is mahogany and there are 20 Cells in medium sized frets.
The electronics are simple (ist) with a humbucker neck pickup with two knobs: Tone and Volume essentials but no more.
The bare minimum for a bass at this price.

For starters, I'm a guitarist, so I'm not really picky about the comfort of the handle and it is not very pleasant to play first, but we made it good.
We get some vibration when played "unplugged" but not that much after all. We feel the vibrations move the handle to the body when playing seated, it's nice after all! ^ ^
The body is type SG (EB-0). The availability of the latest boxes is very good. The worst dandy support the thesis that the last frets are not readily accessible, but I would reply that the bass (at first) is not made for playing dazzling solos types Jimmy Page, and if that is what they look, they put themselves on the guitar ...
Finally, and considering the price, it is obviously a low-type "Plug'n Play": one does not spend three hours to masturbate two poor knobs to find the perfect sound, it's still an Epiphone to 215 balls .
So the sound is good ...

Aaaaaaaah ... The sound!
It is perfect for my style of music!
I plug it directly on the console and I play. It made a low for the Rock and Punk.
It sounds very raw and reacts to the excellent game to pick, the more I use it with a guitar pedal Electro-Harmonix Germanium 4 and it gives her the Mothörhead. Obviously it is an epiphone for 200 rounds, not a hand Rickenbacker manufactured in the USA.
It also fits very well with his fingersNo sometimes smooth and sometimes very root. The slap is a little less efficient, but it's not a bass funk.
I'm really addicted to his Overdrive / Picks: I get an sound very threatening and very heavy. I love it!

Ultimately it was a sound very Rock. No frills, given the general qualities, it will not play with the Jazz ... but if you do not believe me, just try.

I use it for some months and it's osmosis! I feel like I have ripped the seller ^ ^
I tried another type bass Bass Cruiser. It was heavier and the microphones were not adapting to the game to pick. Since I am a guitarist, was the condition Sinequanone for purchase.
What I like most is the sound more than adequate, and of course the sling of the instrument.
What I do not like is the thickness of the varnish which harms the general appearance and the sleeve a little too "lumberjack." And finally, it's still very Rock = P
The price / quality ratio is good enough for a bass typed (it seems ...)
With the experience I would wait a bit to buy the power that EB-3 contained an additional microphone in the bridge position and a pickup selector ... Out of curiosity ...