Music Man 20th Anniversary StingRay 4
Music Man 20th Anniversary StingRay 4
DJaynot DJaynot
Publié le 01/19/08 à 16:27
Music Man Sting Ray 20th Anniversary Ernie Ball, USA, 1996
Exactly the model of the photo.
A humbucker, volume and 3 band active eq.
I just purchase (of course) to replace a Yamaha electro BS4 I found the handle a little too flexible.
The look is basically not what I prefer, I like the electric guitar black, white or red. I find this look is a bit pompous and not very successful.

Next round, the Sting Ray smacks strength, and the handle is surprisingly comfortable, they like me seemed thick with the grip (in my memory, larger than that of accuracy). The bass is a reasonable weight despite the mahogany body, maple, and remarkably balanced, and the violin is worthy of a craft workshop. Much more careful than Fender, the mounting plate of the handle flush is an example of well-designed details.
The sound ... I'm not a fan of active electronics, but the three-band equalizer is a real plus in home studio, when you plug directly into the sound card. On an amp, I use little or no EQ.

I play bass in home studio, be live on the sound card or on a head lamp 50w Italian 60 years on a Marshall cabinet low 70s.
The compression provided by the lamps is enough. I play, following the two styles I practice more (blues and punk-rock) with its very round dug in the media or a little way slamming Ricken '4003. The Sting Ray is fluent in both records, and fans can slap as much fun, but it was not my hearts.

Opportunity makes the thief, it's not just the instrument of my dreams, but I was looking for a low confidence less than € 1,500, no discount at a possible sale.
Fender, G & L, Music Man, is this kind of terrain I was looking for. I know the Sting Ray for over 20 years, and she seduced me immediately.
Old repair of musical instruments, my trust in Music Man is greater than I have for Fender. If I found a 4003 at the same price (one can dream), I took the Ricken, but that's my side collector.