NS Design launches the Radius bass series
Electric double bass specialist NS Design debuts the new Radius series of guitar basses, with 4 and 5-string models.
The Radius basses are available in 4 (CR4) or 5 (CR5) string versions, both with fretted and fretless options. All models feature a headless bolt-on neck.
On these models, NS Design introduces a new Diradial double cutaway body design, with convex back radius for improved ergonomics.
The maple bolt-on neck features a carbon fiber core and an adjustable truss rod and NS replaced the tuners with an aluminum plate on the “head”, the tuners are transferred to the bridge part with a patented design.
As for electronics, ND Design partnered with EMG to create two custom electro-magnetic pickups and a Polar piezo, and added active electronics with a 18V preamp, master volume, cut/boost for highs and lows, EMG pickups and piezo blend knobs, as well as a 3-way switch for the pickup selection and another 3-way switch for piezo EQ options.
- Maple body
- Flamed maple top
- Bolt-on 1-piece maple neck
- Ebony fingerboard with 15” radius and Dot inlays
- Nut width: 1.60” on the CR4 and 1.85” on the CR5
- Scale length: 34” on the CR4 and 35” on the CR5
- 2 EMG Custom magnetic pickups and a piezo
- 2-band active electronics
- Aluminum bridge with string thru body and NS Design tuning system
EU street price for the CR5 is 2589€, no information regarding the CR4. Full details are available at www.nedsteinberger.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Tech 21 VT Bass DI Review The VT Bass DI offers vintage tone and lots of handy features. How does it compare to Tech 21's other VT Bass products?
- Carvin launches the Xccelerator Series The Carvin Custom Shop debuts a brand new series of basses called Xccelerator with the X54 five-string model.
- [NAMM][VIDEO] Radial Engineering Bassbone OD The new version of the Radial Engineering Bassbone bass preamp has been introduced to our team at the NAMM Show 2014.