Sterling by Music Man Ray34

- Preamp: 3 Band Active Music Man
- Scale: 34 "Scale
- Cover included
- Strings: Ernie Ball Bass Strings: .045, .065, .080, .100
- Nut width: 43mm (1.69 ")

The handle is very nice, it is painted satin for speed, the head is painted and varnished bright. The frets are well finished and accurate.
The guitar weighs his weight, one feels after a quarter of an hour on the shoulder! But it is perfectly balanced. Access to acute neck is very easy. The sound is not super easy to create, the accuracy on the 3 / 4 hoop is essential. Ernie Ball Slinky strings seem to create the freeze. Considering the finish of the guitar, it does not come from the frets.

My favorite style is the slap and the game genre or Red Hot Maximum the Hormone, the guitar is perfectly suited to this style. The sound palette is very wide with active 3-band equalizer and MusicMan humbucker. Cepandant smacking sound and sometimes scathing of this guitar gives it special. However, it is possible to obtain a well rounded with this bass. Playing with a Hartke HA 3500, I found the correct sound, although a HP 15 "would be more welcome. I prefer the clicking sound and typical GM product this low. That is why I ' have chosen.

I own this bass for 1 week is short, but I waited a long time. Being left-handed, the choice is restricted and I am happy to finally have a bass that I really like it. Cort guitars I tried (I still have an action for that good bass violin) Fender Jazz bass and a Stingray, is trying the Stingray that my choice is focused on the Sterling, it's little sister.
What I like most about this bass: the look, accessibility to the pots, notes treble sound, sturdy parts, electronics active.
What I dislike: his weight.
I would wait to have this bass for a while before saying I would do if that choice.