Sx Guitars SJB-75CT
sebby low sebby low

«  "Beautiful copy of Bass 75" »

Publié le 05/23/11 à 13:11
Well here is a copy of Jazz Bass "made in china"!

This is a 4 string: ash body, maple bolt-on neck (3 screws) 20 frets rosewood fingerboard, medium frets jumbo, 2 single JB pickups, 2 volumes + 1 tone, vintage bridge, hoods vintage , mechanical vintage (fender butterfly type), chrome hardware, finish: natural

A very correct violin, the wood is heavy!
I note that this is a low entry level but with a note painted on the handle "handmade". Ie handmade.

The neck is very thin and very fast with very good access to treble!
Too bad there are only 20 spaces. The ergonomics of the instrument is perfect, the bass is balanced and its weight because it is careful to seat the handle slightly upward. Access to treble again is very easy.

The original sound of this bass is not bad but a little cold, lack of warmth, color, soul ... I changed my electronics after a few months. I installed the Seymour Duncan SJB2 and I must say now that this bass sounds very well!

But the original e-mail is quite correct to start with an example.

I use this bass to move into a directory and Hard Rock Rock / she lets me absolutely everything! I can have an equally sharp clacking sound very round and warm with lots of bass.
She's very versatile.
I use most often on A100 Hartke amp but it sounds equally well on other amps that I pass by repeating or concert.

I use this bass for 2 years regularly. This is not my main instrument, initially it must be a low work for travel, giggs, Jammes and others ... something that does nothing craind and can hang around but sounds.
I tried quite a few models (Squier P-bass, jazz bass vintage modified; Cort Action A ...) and I came across it in a store with a listed price of 300 Euros. I tried and I found the bass very good. The seller told me that this is the last and it will no longer mark ... We agreed on the price 170 (with a small pouch and a strap). This bass would compare with a Jazz bass vintage modified, change the pickups and you have a much better vintage modified "for less.
I remake that choice without any hesitation.

This bass is perfect for beginners, or as low to apoint for advanced users.
The negative point: the cover on the neck pickup! I finally turned and puts thumb. The plate bothered my game and puts it inches me very badly during a furious slap him or I finally typed it ... Ouch, ouch, ouch ...