< Tous les avis Yamaha TRBJP1
Yamaha TRBJP1
Joe-Rhys Joe-Rhys

«  slap! »

Published on 04/04/13 at 14:31
this model 6-string bass was manufactured in Japan from 1994 to 2002.
body consists of 4 parts, the center and alder and ash veneer table and flamed maple back very well selected.
the handle is screwed (6 screws to keep it) 3 parts maple ebony fingerboard with 24 frets inlaid clef in perloïd and nacre.
Diapason is de863, 6 mm.
Adjusting the handle is possible with 2 rods adjustments (truss-rod).
Lacrosse has 6 tuning machines golden oil bath.
the bridge is brass BPX-6C with adjustable saddles.
it has 2 alnico pickups V-YLB A5ZC adjustable in height.
for active electronics, scale, overall volume, boost bass, midrange selector 3 positions, boost treble.
we can refine the settings discovering the back of the cavity with electronics;
-2 Knobs that adjust each one of the two positions of the equalizer
mediums.
-1 Boost overall output level.
-1 Boost the midrange frequencies.
all that I have rarely seen this type of adjustment on instruments series, and the blade has a little mark this type of adjustment.

the handle is a comfort and playability copy!
I personally had some apprehension about its playability and grip, but as soon as I got all my doubts are gone!
it is easy for me, it's almost as if it was made for me!
I think the interface is very well thought out, we have a special chamfer "slap" on the neck pickup (a rounded area where the flamed maple top has been removed which creates a reduction in the height of the table and better the input string do acute slap), the chamfer at the rear of the body is well positioned and with the right forearm resting on the edge of the box, we felt good stability.
in terms of weight, it does not seem to weigh very heavy ... 5 kgs on the scales ...
Access to acute is studied so that the hand is not absolutely embarrassed when venturing into the last box of the instrument, it is obvious even to fall backwards, so no discomfort and super easy!
vacuum, the sound is already there, a truly impressive sound, we feel that the instrument vibrates really be its subsoil and the sound hard, hard ...
connected, this is the slap!

The ebony fingerboard gives it his property "singing", Alder gives the base a powerful, ash and flamed maple give a "precise" "slamming" "dynamic"; consequently, the base, an instrument that has a powerful, accurate and singing, everything you need to get noticed in a group and play good old jazz-rock!
sounds are very varied now I avoid talking about "versatility" in my opinion, I like many people abused this word, at the finish means nothing to me; versatility n is not of this world, each instrument is designed and built for a particular type of sound and not all the sounds on the planet!
But to return to my sheep, this is very low Surprisingly, we may already have the possibility of having a sound slap really dynamic and powerful sound for jazz walking right round sound to "Jaco" medium well as it should, and tâtonant, you can play rock .... but not as a jazz bass, precision musicman stingray or, with a well in it!
I must also specifies something that has low and few instruments have, at the back of the bass, removing the plastic cover of the electronics, there is the possibility of varying several parameters; ago two knobs that adjust each one of the two positions of the equalizer mediums.
we have 1 boost overall output level that can increase or decrease with a screwdriver.
was also one of midrange boost.
I plug in a SWR LA 15 "with all the knobs (bass, treble and midlle) at 12h.
for sounds, I like almost everything!

I bought this Monday (so here is 4 days!) and I am baba!
for all instruments that I tried going to see my test benches on my profile!
what I like the most, everything on this bass!
what I like the least, it is becoming rare to find occasion ....
the price / quality ratio is really good for me!
if you asked me if I would do this choice, I would do it without hesitation!