< Tous les avis DigiTech GNX2
DigiTech GNX2
MGR/-Les MGR/-Les

« Digitech GNX2 »

Published on 11/01/01 at 15:00
I've had Digitech's GNX-2 for about three months now. I purchased it from www.musiciansbuy.com for approx. $450 (although I understand they are now offering an even better deal on it). I previously had an SGX-2000 rack unit which I've had for almost ten years, but wanted to get something more current and, after doing some comparisons with the POD and others, decided this was the best product.

This unit is very customizable. Some may want something with less features but this unit lets you do most anything. Distortions can be created either from preset emulations that can be tweaked, or by dialing in your own gain/level combinations for various amp model types. The pedal and preset footswitches all are very intuitive and convenient, and of course all the other effects are added in too. Finally, with its included software, you can share created presets via the internet.

I've come to the conclusion that there is no unit that will give you every conceivable sound that you might want from time to time. I do believe, however, that this multi-effect pedal comes closest to providing the greatest range and the best value too.

It's a solid unit -- well built. Steel, except for footswitches, although even they seem solid. I wrap it in a towel and throw it in a gig bag. No concerns at all about its durability.

I've been very pleased with this purchase. There may be some other setups out there that might better provide the exact sound I might want at a given moment in time. But for the greatest variety and great sounding effects, I think the GNX series is the way to go. I think I made a good choice and enjoy using this for all my playing needs.